Toyota Avensis noseweight

Old October 3rd 04, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Balcombe

Default Toyota Avensis noseweight

I currently tow my 1993 Elddis Hurricane with my 1999 V reg Toyota Avensis
TD. It is a comfortable match (car 1330 kg kerbweight, caravan 1060 max and
my car has a 75kg max noseweight). I am able to tow at permitted maximums
and to keep up with other traffic withhout great difficulty.

I am considering changing the car before it gets too long in the tooth and
would consider a later Avensis TD because of the reliability of mine - one
with the later diesel engine and goodies like air con which my car lacks.The
problem is that it would apppear Toyota have reduced the noseweight which
would scupper this particular move - I have no intention of inducing
instability by trying to reduce to 55kg. How do I find which particular
models have what noseweight limits - is there an online guide?

Old October 3rd 04, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Balcombe

I should have said my car is the estate in case the weight looks wrong!

Old October 3rd 04, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Balcombe

I should have said my car is the estate in case the weight looks wrong!

Old October 3rd 04, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Edd Berresford

Peter,
Which Avensis? The New 2003 Model, or the older one. I have a 2001 D4D and
the noseweight was 75kg on a witter towbar. I can't comments on the new
Avensis but as it is a much bigger car I am surprised it would be lower!
Edward
"Peter Balcombe" wrote in message
I currently tow my 1993 Elddis Hurricane with my 1999 V reg Toyota Avensis
TD. It is a comfortable match (car 1330 kg kerbweight, caravan 1060 max

and
my car has a 75kg max noseweight). I am able to tow at permitted maximums
and to keep up with other traffic withhout great difficulty.

I am considering changing the car before it gets too long in the tooth and
would consider a later Avensis TD because of the reliability of mine - one
with the later diesel engine and goodies like air con which my car

lacks.The
problem is that it would apppear Toyota have reduced the noseweight which
would scupper this particular move - I have no intention of inducing
instability by trying to reduce to 55kg. How do I find which particular
models have what noseweight limits - is there an online guide?

---