awning poles

Old October 3rd 04, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Heather

Default awning poles

Does anyone know of anywhere wher e i can get awning poles remade in
aluminium or fibreglass as the steel ones weigh a ton thanks
Im in the London area
Old October 3rd 04, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 21:57:13 GMT, Heather
wrote:

Does anyone know of anywhere wher e i can get awning poles remade in
aluminium or fibreglass as the steel ones weigh a ton thanks
Im in the London area

What make of awning is it? It's possible to buy new sets of poles for
most awnings from most Caravan dealers.
(remove the spam to reply)

Old October 4th 04, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

wrote:

Does anyone know of anywhere wher e i can get awning poles remade in
aluminium or fibreglass as the steel ones weigh a ton thanks
Im in the London area

What make of awning is it? It's possible to buy new sets of poles for
most awnings from most Caravan dealers.

Exactly what I was going to say Bill. In fact many awning manufacturers just
buy their poles in from elsewhere so different makes of awning have the same
poles. Because they are widely adjustable they are not made specifically for
particular awnings.

Kev

Old October 4th 04, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Heather vaguely muttered something like ...
Does anyone know of anywhere wher e i can get awning poles remade in
aluminium or fibreglass as the steel ones weigh a ton thanks
Im in the London area

Almost any decent camping / caravanning shop will sell replacements or can
get them made.

A lot would also depend upon which awning it was ...

--
Paul ...

(8(|) Homer Rules !!!

Old October 4th 04, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 09:38:12 +0100, "Uno Hoo!"
wrote:

| "bill lord" wrote in message
| On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 21:57:13 GMT, Heather
| wrote:
|
| Does anyone know of anywhere wher e i can get awning poles remade in
| aluminium or fibreglass as the steel ones weigh a ton thanks
| Im in the London area
|
| What make of awning is it? It's possible to buy new sets of poles for
| most awnings from most Caravan dealers.
|
| Exactly what I was going to say Bill. In fact many awning manufacturers just
| buy their poles in from elsewhere so different makes of awning have the same
| poles. Because they are widely adjustable they are not made specifically for
| particular awnings.

I just look in the loft where we have the poles from generations of tents,
long gone.
Best to buy, borrow or steal a pipe cutter, IMO far easier to use than a
hacksaw.

--
Dave F
Old October 4th 04, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old October 4th 04, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

wrote:

Does anyone know of anywhere wher e i can get awning poles remade in
aluminium or fibreglass as the steel ones weigh a ton thanks
Im in the London area

Issabella XLR fiberglass poles will probably fit any awning as most of
the poles have nearly a 2:1 adjustment on length. That a look at your
local dealer.

Lenny