Places To Stop In France

Old October 5th 04, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Carl

Default Places To Stop In France

Does anyone know where it would be good to go for a holiday in France for a
2 year old. Anyone recommend any sites?

Cheers

Old October 5th 04, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David klyne

"Carl" wrote in message
Does anyone know where it would be good to go for a holiday in France for

2 year old. Anyone recommend any sites?

Cheers

Carl

I do wonder whether a 2 year old would understand or appreciate that he was
in France! Likewise your previous post I would reckon that he is too young
to appreciate Disneyland Paris. 5-85 is really the age range. If its you and
your wife that wants to go to France I would suggest that this should be
your guiding light and go where you want to go. By all means select sites
that have good facilities for children but I suspect a 2 year old is
unlikely to be too critical!!!!

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

---

Old October 6th 04, 07:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

"Carl" wrote in message
Does anyone know where it would be good to go for a holiday in France for

2 year old. Anyone recommend any sites?

Cheers

We had our children on holiday in France at a very young age with no
problem. As we have a long journey to get to the tunnel we tend to go for
the North of the country. We've stayed in Picardy, Normandy and Brittany.

Most recent parc was this one

http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/cfm/campsi...&MasterCode=11
8

One we preferred from several years ago was this one

http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/cfm/campsi...&MasterCode=12
8

It depends what you like. We have a broad range of children and dont mind a
busy parc. We tend to use it as a base to explore, rather than stay on site
though.

One factor to remember is that France can be very hot. Staying relatively
far North should alleviate the worst of that for young children.

Neb

Old October 6th 04, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Carl" wrote in message
Does anyone know where it would be good to go for a holiday in France for
2 year old. Anyone recommend any sites?

France is a country with about twice the area of the UK, it's got just about
every type of terrain you could want from mountains to sand dunes, there are
large areas of open space, old and new cities and climates in different
regions ranging from polar continental to tropical maritime.

Without knowing your child or what time of the year you're going it's very
difficult to recommend one particular small part of the country over
another. As a very rough idea the area south-west from the Gironde down to
Biarritz has, IMHO, the best summer climate for kids. Not too hot but far
enough south to be away from the weather systems that affect the UK, stay
near the coast though cos even a few miles inland it can be much hotter.
Early or late summer the south coast has the best weather.

Rgds

Andy R

Old October 6th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

http://tinyurl.com/67vyf

http://tinyurl.com/54fem

It depends what you like. We have a broad range of children and dont mind

busy parc. We tend to use it as a base to explore, rather than stay on

site
though.

One factor to remember is that France can be very hot. Staying relatively
far North should alleviate the worst of that for young children.

Neb

Sorry those urls wrapped. I thought they would be small enough not to. The
above ones should do though

Neb

Old October 8th 04, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tony Rothwell

We have a mobile home on a very child friendly site on the French Riviera
near Antibes. More info he

www.rivierafrance.co.uk