How to search for od posts?

Old July 4th 03, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pat Joyce

Default How to search for od posts?

Please forgive my ignorance. I'm new (today) to caravaning - just bought a
nearly new Hobby Prestige, and not that good at computers. I've just joined
this newsgroup and noticed an interesting Q about leisure batteries -v- car
batteries. One answer was to search for a recent thread on batteries - how
can I do this please?

ALSO - while I'm here, some advice please on best www sites for the UK.

AND (I don't want much really!) - I may open a can of worms here - some
honest feedback about Hobby caravans. I've just bought it, but I'm open to
advice - it was a bit of a rushed thing - long story. BUT I would appreciate
honest comments - it's big, it's long, it's nice - but is it really going to
be practical. (Hopefully it will still be there in the morning - yes, I've
been warned about that!)

Thanks in advance to any replies.

Old July 5th 03, 06:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bowtiejim

"Pat Joyce" wrote in message
[...]

Try the following link:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ec.caravanning

This is a mirror image which actually is often more complete than the one
you receive from your ISP. Just type in a key word onto the "search" box
and there you are.

Old July 5th 03, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doc

Pat Joyce enquired:
snip

AND (I don't want much really!) - I may open a can of worms here - some
honest feedback about Hobby caravans. I've just bought it, but I'm open to
advice - it was a bit of a rushed thing - long story. BUT I would

appreciate
honest comments - it's big, it's long, it's nice - but is it really going

be practical. (Hopefully it will still be there in the morning - yes, I've
been warned about that!)

---****---
Pat,

There's quite a few of us on this NG who have bought Hobbys (in Germany,
cheaper there). These are touring 'vans, less than 560 in size.
If you have a 'nice big' Hobby (560 or over), then I hope I'm not upsetting
you when I say that such large Hobbys are all 2.5m wide, and as such can't
be legally towed by any normal towcar; you need a commercial vehicle, and
Transits and Vitos and Amazons etc. are still not big enough!

Also 'big' Hobbys are classed as residential 'vans and so don't carry VAT;
this is one reason they seem such good value, especially s/h. I've learned
recently that a lot of these 'big' Hobbys are sold to be used as static
'vans and thereby circumvent requirements of the site operators to buy a
'van via them.

Quality-wise they are considered superior to UK 'vans and as they are
usually to be used on electric hook-ups, there's no (standard) battery
power. When it comes to sitting/lounging they may not be as comfortable as
some UK 'vans, as they have little in the way of knee-rolls', but bed-wise
they are very comfortable.

Just had mine serviced (1 year old) and they just had, to replace two broken
cupboard catches and that's it!

Cheers, Doc.