model flying and caravans

Old October 6th 04, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ray fisher

Default model flying and caravans

I'm in the process of looking at buying a small farm / smallholding in the
Herefordshire / Welsh border areas but as most people know that sort of
thing is not an economic proposition by itself so we will need some other
source of income.
I have 2 main hobbies, caravanning and flying radio controlled models so
thought to myself there's the answer - an airfield for RC models and small
caravan site.
The question is would anybody here be interested in using such a facility ?

--
Ray Fisher

Old October 6th 04, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"ray fisher" wrote in message
I'm in the process of looking at buying a small farm / smallholding in the
Herefordshire / Welsh border areas but as most people know that sort of
thing is not an economic proposition by itself so we will need some other
source of income.
I have 2 main hobbies, caravanning and flying radio controlled models so
thought to myself there's the answer - an airfield for RC models and small
caravan site.
The question is would anybody here be interested in using such a facility
?

We - that is Spouse - would - if we didn't have a caravan which lives on a
daughter's small farm in south Wales ... I think it's a splendid idea. When
we go to daughter's he wouldn't dream of not taking a model or two.

Why not post to a model flying newsgroup? They're mostly American but that's
not a Bad Thing :-)

Mary

--
Ray Fisher

Old October 6th 04, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ray fisher

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"ray fisher" wrote in message
[...]

I already have - to the forums at rcmodelflyers.co.uk and flyingsites.co.uk
(they're mostly British and that's better :-))
I've been away from this newsgroup for a few months (it seems to have
returned to some form of useability) so haven't seen many of your posts but
have seen a few from Malcom on rec.models.rc.air (funnily enough not on
uk.rec.models.radio-control.air).

I seem to remember your first posts to the newsgroup where about the gas
lamps in your first van ? and the last I recall was when one of your
chickens was killed by a loose dog on a site.

Ray

Old October 6th 04, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 11:41:17 GMT, "ray fisher"
wrote:

| I'm in the process of looking at buying a small farm / smallholding in the
| Herefordshire / Welsh border areas but as most people know that sort of
| thing is not an economic proposition by itself so we will need some other
| source of income.
| I have 2 main hobbies, caravanning and flying radio controlled models so
| thought to myself there's the answer - an airfield for RC models and small
| caravan site.
| The question is would anybody here be interested in using such a facility ?

Surely they would not go together.
I would not pitch where there is a danger of damage from model aircraft.

--
Dave F

Old October 6th 04, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old October 6th 04, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ray fisher

wrote:

| I'm in the process of looking at buying a small farm / smallholding in

the
| Herefordshire / Welsh border areas but as most people know that sort of
| thing is not an economic proposition by itself so we will need some

other
| source of income.
| I have 2 main hobbies, caravanning and flying radio controlled models so
| thought to myself there's the answer - an airfield for RC models and

small
| caravan site.
| The question is would anybody here be interested in using such a

facility ?

Surely they would not go together.
I would not pitch where there is a danger of damage from model aircraft.

Absolutely no danger involved when the different facilities are properly
laid out and correct procedures are followed :-) but that is one objection
that hadn't occured to me - I assumed the first one from none flyers would
be noise.

Old October 6th 04, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ray fisher

Old October 6th 04, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"ray fisher" wrote in message
[...]

He gets a bit fed up of nastiness.

I seem to remember your first posts to the newsgroup where about the gas
lamps in your first van ? and the last I recall was when one of your
chickens was killed by a loose dog on a site.

It wasn't a caravan site :-(

There have been many more :-)

We seem to have more in common than a name.

Mary

Ray