Sites in France

Old October 8th 04, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Johnjohn499

Default Sites in France

Travelling through France in February for first time,does anyone know any sites
in Dreux-Chartres area for overnight stop. Regards
Old October 9th 04, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ron

"Johnjohn499" wrote in message
Travelling through France in February for first time,does anyone know any
sites
in Dreux-Chartres area for overnight stop. Regards

I can tell you where not to stay: Vert en Drouais, westish of Dreux. Full of
gippoes and not very nice

Sorry can't be more helpful

Ron

Old October 10th 04, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian McFarlane

In article , johnjohn499
@aol.com says...
Travelling through France in February for first time,does anyone know any sites
in Dreux-Chartres area for overnight stop. Regards

Most sites in France only open in the Summer season so options in
February will be very limited. You will have to take whatever you can
find and may have to look at a wider area. Have a look at
http://www.campingfrance.com/
This is the FFCC site and lists all campsites in France, if you cannot
find a site there it probably doesn't exist. The area you are looking at
does not have a large number of camp sites so you may have to look a bit
farther afield. Which direction are you heading in?

There is a municipal site in Chartres but that is listed as only open
April to November.

Not as far south as you are looking but the municipal at Rouen (listed
as Deville les Rouen) is open all year. Have stayed there quite a few
times, we have friends who live nearby. It is a functional site in a
residential area but we have never had any problems, although there is a
factory nearby which I think does steel pressings and that works round
the clock during the week so there can be some noise from the machinery.

Farther south there is a municipal at Vierzon which may also be open all
year. the guide I have does not give an opening date which implies it
may not close. You may have to ring up to find out.

However at that time of year I think you will have so little choice of
what is open so you will have to be satisfied with whatever you find.

Ian

Old October 10th 04, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bradbury

In message , Ian McFarlane
writes
In article , johnjohn499
says...
[...]

It might be worth considering one of the year round sites in southern
Paris
--
John Bradbury
Old October 10th 04, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bradbury

In message , Ian McFarlane
writes
In article , johnjohn499
says...

Old October 10th 04, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Joe Taylor

"Johnjohn499" wrote in message
Travelling through France in February for first time,does anyone know any

sites
in Dreux-Chartres area for overnight stop. Regards

I can find only 2 sites that are open in February. Hope this helps.
Joe

http://www.francecamping.com/fiche.php?lang=en&num=1915

http://www.francecamping.com/fiche.php?lang=en&num=1927