Hyundia Sante Fe

Old October 10th 04, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
TAlton6068

Default Hyundia Sante Fe

`Which magazine gives this a good write up, so did Caravan Magazine. I was
speaking to an owner at a Caravan Club Site yesterday who tows with one and
they have had 2 gearboxes so far; usually caused by reversing the van. Any
comments or experiences please?
Tim
Old October 10th 04, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

TAlton6068 vaguely muttered something like ...
`Which magazine gives this a good write up, so did Caravan Magazine. I was
speaking to an owner at a Caravan Club Site yesterday who tows with one
and they have had 2 gearboxes so far; usually caused by reversing the
van. Any comments or experiences please?

Why would reversing a caravan change a gearbox ? Possibly the braking
mechanism of their caravan doesn't auto-release when reversing. If not then
that's the problem, not the car.

Though I wouldn't touch a Hyundai, of any model, with your barge pole, let
alone mine ..

--
Paul ...

(8(|) Homer Rules !!!

Old October 10th 04, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 20:23:24 +0100, "Paul - xxx"
wrote:

Though I wouldn't touch a Hyundai, of any model, with your barge pole, let
alone mine ..

Friend of mine has had the diesel version for a couple of years now -
towed all over the UK - never so much as a blown bulb.

S.

Old October 11th 04, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

"TAlton6068" wrote in message
`Which magazine gives this a good write up, so did Caravan Magazine. I was
speaking to an owner at a Caravan Club Site yesterday who tows with one

and
they have had 2 gearboxes so far; usually caused by reversing the van. Any
comments or experiences please?
Tim

Manual or auto?

Budgie

Old October 11th 04, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Simon Hawthorne vaguely muttered something like ...
wrote:

Though I wouldn't touch a Hyundai, of any model, with your barge pole,
let alone mine ..

Friend of mine has had the diesel version for a couple of years now -
towed all over the UK - never so much as a blown bulb.

Good for him .. but would _you_ buy one .. especially a new one ?

--
Paul ...

(8(|) Homer Rules !!!

Old October 11th 04, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:44:33 +0100, "Paul - xxx"
wrote:

Good for him .. but would _you_ buy one .. especially a new one ?

I would Paul yes, based on his experiences. Couldn't stretch to it so
ended up with a '92 Pajero - but when it is up for changing, I would
look at the diesel one. You never see many 2nd hand ones for sale
(diesel that is).

Simon