Mr Shifta or Similar

Old October 12th 04, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ira G Walters

Default Mr Shifta or Similar

Anyone in the Group have experience of using Mr Shifta, or equivalent, with
a twin axle 'van? I'd appreciate any comments - good, bad or indifferent!

Thanks
Ira

Old October 12th 04, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Ira G Walters" wrote in message

I'd appreciate any comments - good, bad or indifferent!

Well I was going to get a Mr Shifta but thought they are not cheap and paid
a little more from a mounted mover the Reich.
I also wondered why a lot of s/h Mr S around. There are allways several in
CC members ads in the CC Mag.

Please reply to News Group.

Old October 12th 04, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

That is because most of them are the first versions, although some are
Mista-Shifta 2s. A lot of them are sold on after people have paid four or
five times as much for fitted movers which, unfortunately, are not always
the better option.

Cheers, Peter.

Old October 13th 04, 06:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Peter K L Milnes" wrote in message
That is because most of them are the first versions, although some are
Mista-Shifta 2s. A lot of them are sold on after people have paid four or
five times as much for fitted movers which, unfortunately, are not always
the better option.

I paid 2 years ago at the Lawns show 900 for my Reich to be fitted.
The Mr S is in the region of 800 I seem to remember.

Please reply to News Group.

Old October 13th 04, 06:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Peter K L Milnes" wrote in message
That is because most of them are the first versions, although some are
Mista-Shifta 2s.

All of them in this months CC Mag are Mr S 2, all under 2 years old and s/h
price 400/450.

Please reply to News Group.

Old October 13th 04, 07:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ken Fraser

"Peter K L Milnes" wrote in message
That is because most of them are the first versions, although some are
Mista-Shifta 2s. A lot of them are sold on after people have paid four or
five times as much for fitted movers which, unfortunately, are not always
the better option.

Peter
why is a fitted mover not always the better option, obviously subject to
money? Many s/h Mista-Shifta sellers on e-Bay say they are selling to
upgrade to a fixed mover.
We had a Reich Mover fitted to our Ranger and I wouldn't be without it - we
both have weak backs, so any excuse, I know. Our drive is angled so that we
can't even tow with the car onto the drive and it is invaluable in
negotiating the rise, plus we have full confidence in shuffling around
corners and then parking an inch away from the wall. On site, it is already
fitted and ready to go and, for those with no reversing skills (like me) it
is easy to move about, again with full confidence.
Regards
Ken