Gas fittings

Old October 13th 04, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JC Rapido

Default Gas fittings

Can anyone advise if foreign vans use the same 1/4", 5/16", 3/8" etc
fittings as UK vans? The pipe on my Rapido Club 31 of 1994 vintage
looks like 8mm and I don't want to buy the wrong fittings.
(Particularly as imperial fittings seem extortionately expensive). If
8mm is used where can I get metric/imperial adapters? Any help much
appreciated.
Old October 13th 04, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"JC Rapido" wrote in message
om...

(Particularly as imperial fittings seem extortionately expensive).

Well I made the big mistake of going for gas fittings at the local main
Calor agent, talk about being extortionattely expensive.
Caravan dealers do have some but range limited, for what they had I would
have said about half the Calor Shop prices, but still high prices.
Found that a trade firm such as Thomas Wright have these sort of things
prices a lot better and they are very helpfull. Look in Yellow pages.

Please reply to News Group.