Lake Garda anyone been?

Old October 15th 04, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Skip

Default Lake Garda anyone been?

Hi
I am looking for any recommendations for a good site on the shores of Lake
Garda, Italy, if anyone has any.
My requirements are boat launching / mooring on site and a pitch of at least
100sq mtrs. up to now I can only find sites with tiny pitches any help will
be much appreciated.

Skip

Old October 16th 04, 09:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David klyne

"Skip" wrote in message
Hi
I am looking for any recommendations for a good site on the shores of Lake
Garda, Italy, if anyone has any.
My requirements are boat launching / mooring on site and a pitch of at

least
100sq mtrs. up to now I can only find sites with tiny pitches any help

will
be much appreciated.

Skip

Many years ago we stayed at a site in Moniga (west side of lake) called
Camping Fontanella. This site had a slipway for launching boats. You can
book it via the Caravan Club Advance Booking Service. I don't think the
pitches were as large as 100sq mtrs as you point out pitches of that size
are quite rare in Italy, at least from the campsites I have looked at.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports

---

Old October 16th 04, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:29:15 +0100, "Skip"
wrote:

Hi
I am looking for any recommendations for a good site on the shores of Lake
Garda, Italy, if anyone has any.
My requirements are boat launching / mooring on site and a pitch of at least
100sq mtrs. up to now I can only find sites with tiny pitches any help will
be much appreciated.

Skip

We stayed here http://www.camping-serenella.it/
a couple of years ago, the pitches are a bit bigger than some of the
other sites nearby, nice site good restaurant and I think it had 5A
electrics (most Italian sites are 3A).
To get a larger pitch you probably need to find a 4 star site.

Take a llok at:
http://www.lagodigarda.it/
http://www.garda.com

Lenny

Old October 17th 04, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JSGJ

Avoid the west side of the lake as the road is narrow and has many
tunnels. It was the most unpleasant 20 miles that I have ever towed.! Stayed
at Camping Toscalano it was on the lake but the pitches were small and the
showers limited to a few hours in the early evening. Not recommended.

JSGJ