Fridge Transit Catch

Old October 16th 04, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Default Fridge Transit Catch

Having just purchased a second hand van I discovered that the transit
catch on the fridge door [the orange flick around] is completely broken.
My local caravan outlets don't have these small but essential
replacement items in stock and can't advise in a supplier. I just don't
believe that these very fragile pieces of plastic don't get broken often
and need replacing so assume that there is a supplier somewhere. Can
anyone advise on a suitable supplier or a simple work around to secure
the door while towing the van.

Cheers.
--
Roy
Old October 16th 04, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin Edwards

What about a kid proof lock type widget? B&Q will be cheaper than
mothercare. Our fridge (electrolux) has a pin that drops through a hole.
The pin broke, but a golf tee sorted the job nicely. As close as I'm ever
likely to get to a golf tee. I heartily agree with Mark Twain (i think) who
called the game a good walk ruined........

Old October 17th 04, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John B

"Roy" wrote in message
Having just purchased a second hand van I discovered that the transit
catch on the fridge door [the orange flick around] is completely broken.
My local caravan outlets don't have these small but essential
replacement items in stock and can't advise in a supplier. I just don't
believe that these very fragile pieces of plastic don't get broken often
and need replacing so assume that there is a supplier somewhere. Can
anyone advise on a suitable supplier or a simple work around to secure
the door while towing the van.

Cheers.
--
Roy

I recently bought a fridge catch for an Electrolux RM112 for a 20 year old
Cotswold Windrush from -

Leisure Supplies,
Unit 4a,
Crank Mills
New Bank Street,
Morley
Leeds.
LS27 8JR

Tel 0113 253 0728
email:
web:
www.leisurespares.co.uk

Mine cost 8.52 incl VAT and P&P.

Their service was quick and efficient. Give them the model No. and see what
they can do for you.

Regards,

John B.
--
Remove nospam from email address to reply

---

Old October 18th 04, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Pattle

"Martin Edwards" wrote in message
SNIP
.. As close as I'm ever
likely to get to a golf tee. I heartily agree with Mark Twain (i think)
who
called the game a good walk ruined........

IIRC, Samuel Johnson was there a long time before him....

Old October 18th 04, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

So Richard Pattle was, like

"Martin Edwards" wrote in message
SNIP
. As close as I'm ever
likely to get to a golf tee. I heartily agree with Mark Twain (i
think) who
called the game a good walk ruined........

IIRC, Samuel Johnson was there a long time before him....

And the word was "spoiled" rather than "ruined", ISTR - but the sentiment is
a good one. The game may be OK, but I couldn't face wearing the kit.

--

Rich

Series 2a
RR 4.6