OT Travel Insurence

Old October 20th 04, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default OT Travel Insurence

There have been several reports in the papers of late about Insurence
companies not paying out when people have been in hospital abroad.
Useualy it is said they were not paying out because previous illness etc.
had not been declared.

But I wonder if they would have paid if the problem had been declared.

We have annual insurence with our bank for Norwich Union. We have declared
our medication and an opperation carried out last May, now we are excluded
on all these in our cover. (The medcines are preventative, so we think we
are a safer risk over people who have not had regular check ups and travel
not knowing they may be a health risk)

Do you get excluded when you declare, are we with wrong insurence company?

Please reply to News Group.

So what difference I am wondering does declareing make?

Old October 20th 04, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"David" wrote in message
There have been several reports in the papers of late about Insurence
companies not paying out when people have been in hospital abroad.
Useualy it is said they were not paying out because previous illness etc.
had not been declared.

Fair enough

But I wonder if they would have paid if the problem had been declared.

More likely they would have declined cover or excluded problems relating to
the original illness.

We have annual insurence with our bank for Norwich Union. We have
declared
our medication and an opperation carried out last May, now we are excluded
on all these in our cover.

Fair enough again really, although you may find that for a considerably
increased premium someone may still cover you.

(The medcines are preventative, so we think we
are a safer risk over people who have not had regular check ups and travel
not knowing they may be a health risk)

I'd wager that the statistics don't support your theory.

Do you get excluded when you declare

We declared a couple of ops my wife had and my young son has asthma. The
asthma condition never affected the premium nor was he excluded from any
cover but my wife's operation caused an increase in premiums.

are we with wrong insurence company?

We're with Directline

So what difference I am wondering does declareing make?

If you don't declare it and make a claim, even for an unrelated
illness/accident, the insurance company is perfectly within its rights to
either not pay out at the time or sue you afterwards for everything it has
paid out for you.

Rgds

Andy R