Motability good or bad.

Old October 30th 04, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
LunnBelleyetere

Default Motability good or bad.

Any one have any comments on having a car through motability. We might be
looking in to it.
Thanks Robert
Old October 30th 04, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

LunnBelleyetere vaguely muttered something like ...
Any one have any comments on having a car through motability. We might be
looking in to it.

Bro-in-law uses his motability payments to partially fund his Jeep Grand
Cheroke.

When he had a motability car he found they couldn't provide a car suitable
for his size (He's a big man, but has only one leg with flexibility problems
with it and his arms). He needs something with large doors and high seat
height to get in and out of easily, and automatic

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules !!!

Old October 30th 04, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

"LunnBelleyetere" wrote in message
Any one have any comments on having a car through motability. We might be
looking in to it.
Thanks Robert

The motability scheme provides a real lifeline for many people with
disabilities, but does have its limitations. It depends on your individual
circumstances whether you can live with these or not. Some of the
restrictions include:

You sign over your higher rate mobility for a 3 year period and may find it
difficult to change the contract within that time.
Some larger cars require a large deposit over the 3 years.
The car is for the use of the person with disabilities or getting something
such as a prescription on their behalf. It should not be used by other
people or members of the family when the disabled person is not present.
You are allowed a limited number of drivers (usually 2)
If you need any extras such as a towbar you have to pay these yourself. You
may also have to leave them when you hand the vehicle back.

You need to weigh these up for yourself and decide if it is worth it for
you.

Neb

Old October 30th 04, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Nebulous" wrote in message

....... It should not be used by other
people or members of the family when the disabled person is not

present......

Well I only know of one man that has one of these Motobility cars and his
wife goes daily to work in it and he is left to walk when he goes out to the
shops for his daily newspaper.

Please reply to News Group.

Old October 30th 04, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

"David" wrote in message

"Nebulous" wrote in message

...... It should not be used by other
people or members of the family when the disabled person is not

present......

Well I only know of one man that has one of these Motobility cars and his
wife goes daily to work in it and he is left to walk when he goes out to

the
shops for his daily newspaper.

Please reply to News Group.

Well that isnt allowed. She may not be insured either in those
circumstances. You could always report them. All motability would need would
be a registration number.

Neb

Old October 31st 04, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy - \( the real Roy \)

"David" wrote in message

...... It should not be used by other
people or members of the family when the disabled person is not

present......

Well I only know of one man that has one of these Motobility cars and his
wife goes daily to work in it and he is left to walk when he goes out to
the
shops for his daily newspaper.

You & me too, The car company I used to work for supplied motability cars
and I had the job of collecting them for service, it was often impossible to
track them down as all and sundry in the registered users family seemed to
be using it for other purposes, when finally found usually badly neglected
and damaged all hell was let loose if any attempt was made to charge the
customer for misuse 'discrimination', 'its mine by right', 'I'm paying for
it I will do as a I like' etc.
I must point out that this was a minority of customers, the rest were very
appreciative and the car was a life-line for them

Roy