Caravan Movers - which one is best?

Old October 31st 04, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JK Archibald

Default Caravan Movers - which one is best?

Forgive me if this is a question that has been posted before and answered to
death - I am relatively new to this newsgroup.

I am keen to find out which of the various Caravan Movers are considered the
best quality and best value. I have a Lunar Quasar 615 twin axle and am
looking for a mover with remote control and have identified a few out
there - Carver, Truma and Powrtouch.

Unfortunately all the adverts I have seen say how wonderful they are but do
not give prices. I understand though that they are all 1,000 plus fitted
and am keen not to buy the wrong one!

Any tips or comments would be very welcome?

John

Old October 31st 04, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"JK Archibald" wrote in message
Forgive me if this is a question that has been posted before and answered

death - I am relatively new to this newsgroup.

I am keen to find out which of the various Caravan Movers are considered

the
best quality and best value. I have a Lunar Quasar 615 twin axle and am
looking for a mover with remote control and have identified a few out
there - Carver, Truma and Powrtouch.

Unfortunately all the adverts I have seen say how wonderful they are but

do
not give prices. I understand though that they are all 1,000 plus fitted
and am keen not to buy the wrong one!

I'm not double axle but I had a Reich mover supplied and fitted by Happe
Ltd. for less than 1000, just less a year ago, they came to my home.
Happe are a nationwide caravan service firm, part of Wandahome Caravans of
Knottingley, West Yorkshire.
www.caravanbuys.com

Please reply to News Group.

Old October 31st 04, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
arthur norman

Have had a Carver for 6yrs now,just had it transferred to my new
van,couldn't manage without it.Don't no about the other makes but after
sales service as been second to non even after six years.Truma took over
Carver so they are both the same.By the way my van is not a twin axle.

Old October 31st 04, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David klyne

"JK Archibald" wrote in message
Forgive me if this is a question that has been posted before and answered

death - I am relatively new to this newsgroup.

I am keen to find out which of the various Caravan Movers are considered

the
best quality and best value. I have a Lunar Quasar 615 twin axle and am
looking for a mover with remote control and have identified a few out
there - Carver, Truma and Powrtouch.

Unfortunately all the adverts I have seen say how wonderful they are but

do
not give prices. I understand though that they are all 1,000 plus fitted
and am keen not to buy the wrong one!

Any tips or comments would be very welcome?

John

We have a Reich fitted to our single axle van. I don't know if one make is
better than the other but one thing I am sure of is that once you have onw
you will not think it a high price to pay, they are fantastic.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports
For Grand Prix Fans www.donkeydoesf1.co.uk

---

Old October 31st 04, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"JK Archibald" wrote in message
Forgive me if this is a question that has been posted before and answered
death - I am relatively new to this newsgroup.

I am keen to find out which of the various Caravan Movers are considered
the
best quality and best value. I have a Lunar Quasar 615 twin axle and am
looking for a mover with remote control and have identified a few out
there - Carver, Truma and Powrtouch.

Unfortunately all the adverts I have seen say how wonderful they are but
do
not give prices. I understand though that they are all 1,000 plus fitted
and am keen not to buy the wrong one!

Any tips or comments would be very welcome?

John

I think they all ''do the job''. I have a Carver and it is brilliant ......
wouldn't have a van without a mover of this sort/design. Installed in 2000
and all that has been required so far is a change the 'rollers' (the bit
that engages on the wheel). That took about 20minutes (for both) and cost
50 (DIY) and the rollers have now been upgraded so they should last longer.

HTH ...... Richard

Old October 31st 04, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dennis Freshwater

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:31:43 +0000, JK Archibald wrote:

Forgive me if this is a question that has been posted before and answered to
death - I am relatively new to this newsgroup.

I am keen to find out which of the various Caravan Movers are considered the
best quality and best value. I have a Lunar Quasar 615 twin axle and am
looking for a mover with remote control and have identified a few out
there - Carver, Truma and Powrtouch.

Unfortunately all the adverts I have seen say how wonderful they are but do
not give prices. I understand though that they are all 1,000 plus fitted
and am keen not to buy the wrong one!

Any tips or comments would be very welcome?

John

I have a Powrtouch (single axle) and am delighted with it - also
excellent aftersales service. Powrtouch also do a specific model for twin
axles but I have no experience of that. I suspect there isn't much to
choose between the different manufacturers.

--
Dennis Freshwater
***Remove XZY to reply***