Sunncamp Scenic porch

Old October 31st 04, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JK Archibald

Default Sunncamp Scenic porch

Sunncamp Scenic Porch - Anyone got one of these?

I saw one today attached to a caravan and they look like a cross between a
tent and a normal porch awning. Unfortunately the owner of the caravan was
nowhere to be seen so I could not quiz him/her on how good it was. A quick
search of the internet shows they retail at about 120 and are very easy and
quick to erect. We are only looking for somewhere to store a few welly boots
and a bin.

I must confess I have given up on my full size awning and use a pop up
technology Kyham Gazebo which is an absolute delight. I never managed to
erect the awning in less than 45 mimutes and need at least one helper. The
Kyham Gazebo can be erected by one person in a few minutes.

Old November 1st 04, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ken Fraser

"JK Archibald" wrote in message
Sunncamp Scenic Porch - Anyone got one of these?

I saw one today attached to a caravan and they look like a cross between a
tent and a normal porch awning. Unfortunately the owner of the caravan was
nowhere to be seen so I could not quiz him/her on how good it was. A quick
search of the internet shows they retail at about 120 and are very easy

and
quick to erect. We are only looking for somewhere to store a few welly

boots
and a bin.

I must confess I have given up on my full size awning and use a pop up
technology Kyham Gazebo which is an absolute delight. I never managed to
erect the awning in less than 45 mimutes and need at least one helper. The
Kyham Gazebo can be erected by one person in a few minutes.

Hello
yes we have one. We have a porch awning which always provides amusement to
anyone sited around us due to our (lack of) skill in putting it up. Poles
collapsing before all connected, became too much of a chore so in the end we
sto0ped using it unless we were away for more than 3 nights. We want an
awning to store boots, 2 dogs and odds and sods.
We saw a scenic and the owner let us have a look around - 15 minutes to
erect, very simple with 3 poles, then peg down the base. We ordered one
there and then by mail order and it was there when we got home.
It has already been tested in very windy and wet weather and, although the
sides don't seal against the 'van as the porch does, it was flexible enough
to blow with the wind and didn't let in water.
Its good value for money and big enough to store all we need.
So, well recommended.
Hope this helps
Ken

Old November 2nd 04, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Judith Mott

I saw one of those sunncamp porch awnings in a Blackpool caravan club site
last week, and we thought it was really good. The owners seemed to have it
up and sorted within about 5 mins, and so useful for the wet coats and
wellies - also ideal for this time of year as it would be no hassle to take
down quickly if the wind got up, and easier to dry off back home if you have
to take it down wet. We get fed up with the hassles of a full-size awning,
and have decided to only use it when away for long periods in the summer.
Must get a little sunncamp I reckon.
Jude