Spain and Portugal

Old October 31st 04, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jim.johnson

Default Spain and Portugal

Has anyone any thoughts on or experiences of Spain and Portugal in the
January to March period. I presume I have to go to the south in both cases
to get reasonable weather.

Any recommendations on sites in both countries at that time of year.

Many thanks in advance

Jim

Old October 31st 04, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"jim.johnson" wrote in message
Has anyone any thoughts on or experiences of Spain and Portugal in the
January to March period. I presume I have to go to the south in both

cases
to get reasonable weather.

Been in hotels to Costa del Sol at Christmas and sun bathed for about 1 to 2
hours in the period noon to 2 o'clock in sheltered places. Found as soon as
one goes a short walking distance uphill inland away from sea level one
needs a jacket or jumper on.
Was in Benidorm one Feb. and was told that is the coldest month of the
winter.

Was in the Algarve this Feb/March and again could sunbath during the
afternoons.

In general terms I would say the weather is like a spring day would be here.

Regarding the Algarve there were motorhomes every where many from UK they
park overnight in carparks etc. so no site fees for them. I believe this
might only be allowed in winter.

If it where not for the long drive I would go myself with my caravan onto a
site of course.

Please reply to News Group.

Old November 3rd 04, 03:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Diane Epps

"jim.johnson" wrote in message
Has anyone any thoughts on or experiences of Spain and Portugal in the
January to March period. I presume I have to go to the south in both
cases to get reasonable weather.

Any recommendations on sites in both countries at that time of year.

Many thanks in advance

Jim
I spent 3 months on the Costa near Nerja but I wouldn't recommend it to
anyone. The weather was not bad but when it rained it flooded the whole
site and the awnings were floating. I spent quite some time digging water
diversion channels round the awning in an effort to keep it dry. If you
need any further details please contact me with specific questions and I
will try to answer them.

Old November 10th 04, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Pleavin

We have caravanned at La Manga twice now during jan to April and weather is
great at high 60's or low 70's. Due to P&O problem you will have to get
ferry to France and travel to and through Spain which takes about three
days. Don't know about Portugal. We are heading down to Marbella in Jan 05
via (hopefully Cherbourg but more likely Le Havre. Go for it it is worth it.

Old November 12th 04, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

"jim.johnson" wrote in message
Has anyone any thoughts on or experiences of Spain and Portugal in the
January to March period. I presume I have to go to the south in both
cases to get reasonable weather.

Any recommendations on sites in both countries at that time of year.

Many thanks in advance

Jim

We have made regular visits to southern Spain in October, November,
December, January and March (don't think we've been in February). As long as
you don't catch a cool damp spell, sunbathing out of the wind is often
feasible for a few hours a day. However, the weather can be as fickle as
summers in the UK - good years and bad years - there's certainly some luck
involved.

Almeria is the driest and brightest region of Spain in winter. The Costa
Blanca is generally good. However, in the south of the country, the further
west you go along the Costa del Sol, towards Gibraltar, the higher the risk
of rain. Having said that, in January this year we were on Benalnatura beach
near Fuengirola on a Sunday afternoon and it was packed with nudists.

I also think 'generally' January to March tends to be drier than mid-October
to December.

I could recommend a number of good naturist camping and caravan sites - get
in touch through our website if it's of any interest, or alternatively you
could purchase a copy of our guidebook which has all of the information.

Regards, Mike
www.barebeaches.com

Old December 12th 04, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mavrik

Theres quite a few poeople asking abou Spain and Portugal on here, we
are thinking of it ourselves aroud about the 20 January

Anyone ever thought of getting a few people together and running down
together ??

If it aint broke..........Fix it till it is