CL in Wales - Twin Axles and Motorhomes

Old October 31st 04, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David klyne

Default CL in Wales - Twin Axles and Motorhomes

Some of you will remember a week or so ago a message was posted advertising
a CL in Wales with the website being www.caravanwales.co.uk A lot of people
took exception to the manner in which they were told that no twin axle
caravan or motorhomes would be welcome without giving sufficient reasons. I
have been in touch with Tony who owns the CL. Firstly he asked me to
apologise for upsetting people, that was not his intention. This has been
his first attempt at creating a website advertising camping. He should have
explained that the reason for the above was on the advice of the Caravan
Club inspectors who suggested that the approach road to the site would be
unsuitable for longer caravans and I think they suggested twin axle vans, as
they are generally longer, would be a particular problem. He further
explains that because of the very slight amount of rain they get in Wales
(!!!!!) ground conditions are not always suitable for heavy motorhomes. He
has amended his website so it appears more friendly and stating the reasons
and said that he is always willing to discuss individual outfits with owners
either by e-mail or on the phone.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports
For Grand Prix Fans www.donkeydoesf1.co.uk

---

Old October 31st 04, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"David klyne" wrote in message
[...]

That's a smashing post, David. It doesn't apply to me but thanks.

Mary