OT First visit to Tunisia

Old November 2nd 04, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default OT First visit to Tunisia

I have the question below in a couple of Travel NGs but got no answer, maybe
wrong groups.
If anyone can advise me I will be very gratefull.
Sorry we are not takeing our carvan, so I'm quite a bit OT.

We have just booked a late package holiday to Tunisia from the UK.
We are going to ring our doctors tomorrow to see about injections.
Wondering about money, we know you can't get thier money, Dinar, here.
How about ATM's can we find them?
(Staying in Port El Kantaoui Resort.)
Travellors cheques should we use these, if so what currencies?
Thanks

Please reply to News Group.

Old November 2nd 04, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BrianG

Go to http://www.lonelyplanet.com/destinat...frica/tunisia/ Shouldn't be
too many problems. I last went in 1969. Now tourism is one of its main
exports. I should think you will need a jab for Hepatitis 'A' though!

Old November 3rd 04, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bradbury

The last time we went there it was no problem changing money there, but,
owing to currency regulations you cannot take it in or out of Tunisia.
We managed with sterling cheques, and they also accepted sterling
notes..

Be prepared to haggle in the souks (markets) - start from a maximum of a
quarter of what they ask.

Watch the water, and enjoy yourself.

In message , David
writes