Zafira towing flasher question

Old November 2nd 04, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
LunnBelleyetere

Default Zafira towing flasher question

We have just ordered a Vauxhall Zafira and was wondering if there is a warning
light already fitted on the dasboard for the trailer indicators. Also do we
need to change the flasher. I do not want to fit a warning buzzer as my wife as
a brain disease and it would annoy her with the bleeping every time we turned a
corner.
Any recomendations on towbars for this motor. I have looked at the witter
drawings and it looked a bit unsightly where it comes from under the bumper.

Old November 2nd 04, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Murphy

You may find that there is a replacement flasher unit that you can fit -
this will have an extra pin to supply current to a warning light on the
dash, and will increase the flasher rate, if a trailer is fitted.

From VX - not sure how much they are though, but worth asking.

Old November 4th 04, 09:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul

"Richard Murphy" wrote in message
You may find that there is a replacement flasher unit that you can fit -
this will have an extra pin to supply current to a warning light on the
dash, and will increase the flasher rate, if a trailer is fitted.

If your flasher unit flashes quickly if a trailer bulb fails why do you need
a wire to the dash? The normal indicator lights in the dash are enough to
warn the driver.

Paul

Old November 4th 04, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

If your flasher unit flashes quickly if a trailer bulb fails why do you
need
a wire to the dash? The normal indicator lights in the dash are enough to
warn the driver.

Largely because people don't just use the indicator/buzzer to indicate
whether a bulb has failed or not. It is more often used as reassurance that
the trailer is still attached. Simply indicating bulb failure doesn't
indicate that the plug has been correctly inserted, hasn't dropped out and
the trailer is still on the towbar, rather than in the verge/someone's front
room.

Christian.

Old November 5th 04, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BARRY TEAGUE

yes the Zafira has a small towbar icon on the dash that lights up and
flashes
when you indicate Left/Right.
Had a Zafira for 3 years and towed trailers and a caravan

---