PUTTING CARAVAN TO BED FOR THE WINTER

Old November 3rd 04, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Judith Mott

Default PUTTING CARAVAN TO BED FOR THE WINTER

I've just spent 3 hours today giving our Bailey Ranger 500/5 a good old
'spring' clean. The only thing is, I wish it was Spring. After a really
good caravanning year for us, totalling 50 nights away and 850 spent on
site fees - New Forest, North Devon, North Cornwall, Longleat, Blackpool and
Pembrokeshire, it's now time to finish until next Easter, and just give the
van an occasional wishful glance, sitting in the corner of our garden.
Hubby will do his jobs at the weekend, like draining everything down and
hopefully doing some things to prevent any little rodents deciding to
invade.
Good luck to all you brave people that continue to caravan through the
winter. Thank you to all the friendly, kind and helpful wardens we have met
this year at the caravan club sites - you all do a grand job.
Jude

Old November 3rd 04, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Judith Mott" wrote in message
I've just spent 3 hours today giving our Bailey Ranger 500/5 a good old
'spring' clean. The only thing is, I wish it was Spring. After a really
good caravanning year for us, totalling 50 nights away and 850 spent on
site fees - New Forest, North Devon, North Cornwall, Longleat, Blackpool
and Pembrokeshire, it's now time to finish until next Easter, and just
give the van an occasional wishful glance, sitting in the corner of our
garden. Hubby will do his jobs at the weekend, like draining everything
down and hopefully doing some things to prevent any little rodents
deciding to invade.
Good luck to all you brave people that continue to caravan through the
winter. Thank you to all the friendly, kind and helpful wardens we have
met this year at the caravan club sites - you all do a grand job.
Jude

Why are you reluctant to go off in winter?

Mary

Old November 3rd 04, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Parry

In et,
Mary Fisher fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
[...]

Maybe cos its dark,muddy, cold, wet and "roughing it" in the warmer
months has far more appeal ?

Travelling 90 miles to our farm sited 'van via motorbike is pleasant in
the summer but just plain gruesome in the winter.

Until I get a liking for wearing sack cloth vests I'll stay tucked up in
my nice centrally heated, adsl enabled, spacious house for the winter
thanks )

--
Steve Parry

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

http://www.arrivedeprived.org.uk/

K100RS SE
F650
(not forgetting the SK90PY)

Old November 3rd 04, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Steve Parry" wrote in message
Jude

Why are you reluctant to go off in winter?

Maybe cos its dark,muddy, cold, wet and "roughing it" in the warmer
months has far more appeal ?

Travelling 90 miles to our farm sited 'van via motorbike is pleasant in
the summer but just plain gruesome in the winter.

We travel 180 miles (or so) to ours, on our daughter's mountainside farm
where we live among the ducks. But we do travel in the car. It's too far to
go on the scooter and there isn't room for the hens.

Until I get a liking for wearing sack cloth vests

Oh! We wear normal clothes :-)

I'll stay tucked up in
my nice centrally heated, adsl enabled, spacious house for the winter
thanks )

There's nothing more spacious than a Welsh mountainside in winter!

Although the 'van which is resident there is only 10' we have an efficient
heater and staying tucked up is very easy. It's good for me to have a break
from the modem too. And the phone and visitors ... nice.

Seriously, it's not gruesome. It can be cold, you just wear more clothes. It
can be wet and muddy - that's a challenge. In fact during the summer it's
usually wet and muddy on that farm. In winter it's frozen so it's hard
underfoot. But it can be extremely beautiful too and there are so few people
about ... I'm looking forward to it.

Mary.

Old November 3rd 04, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Parry

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Steve Parry" wrote in message
Jude

Why are you reluctant to go off in winter?

Maybe cos its dark,muddy, cold, wet and "roughing it" in the warmer
months has far more appeal ?

Travelling 90 miles to our farm sited 'van via motorbike is pleasant
in the summer but just plain gruesome in the winter.

We travel 180 miles (or so) to ours, on our daughter's mountainside
farm where we live among the ducks. But we do travel in the car. It's
too far to go on the scooter and there isn't room for the hens.

Until I get a liking for wearing sack cloth vests

Oh! We wear normal clothes :-)

As a biker so do I .... just if you've travelled any distance and are
cold and wet a good hot bath appeals not a calor gas heater ;o)

I'll stay tucked up in
my nice centrally heated, adsl enabled, spacious house for the winter
thanks )

There's nothing more spacious than a Welsh mountainside in winter!

I live on an isolated Welsh mountainside all year )

Although the 'van which is resident there is only 10' we have an
efficient heater and staying tucked up is very easy. It's good for me
to have a break from the modem too. And the phone and visitors ...
nice.

Break from technology .... noooooo ) Heck even camping I am seen
fondling my Ipaq and bluetooth GPRS celphone ;o)

Seriously, it's not gruesome. It can be cold, you just wear more
clothes. It can be wet and muddy - that's a challenge. In fact during
the summer it's usually wet and muddy on that farm. In winter it's
frozen so it's hard underfoot. But it can be extremely beautiful too
and there are so few people about ... I'm looking forward to it.

To each his own )

Old November 3rd 04, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Steve Parry" wrote in message
Jude

Why are you reluctant to go off in winter?

Maybe cos its dark,muddy, cold, wet and "roughing it" in the warmer
months has far more appeal ?

Travelling 90 miles to our farm sited 'van via motorbike is pleasant
in the summer but just plain gruesome in the winter.

We travel 180 miles (or so) to ours, on our daughter's mountainside
farm where we live among the ducks. But we do travel in the car. It's
too far to go on the scooter and there isn't room for the hens.

Until I get a liking for wearing sack cloth vests

Oh! We wear normal clothes :-)

As a biker so do I .... just if you've travelled any distance and are
cold and wet

? If you have good gear you don't get cold and wet!

a good hot bath appeals not a calor gas heater ;o)

There's nothing more spacious than a Welsh mountainside in winter!

I live on an isolated Welsh mountainside all year )

So you know :-)

Although the 'van which is resident there is only 10' we have an
efficient heater and staying tucked up is very easy. It's good for me
to have a break from the modem too. And the phone and visitors ...
nice.

Break from technology .... noooooo ) Heck even camping I am seen
fondling my Ipaq and bluetooth GPRS celphone ;o)

That's my secret - I don't have any of those even in Real Life :-)

Seriously, it's not gruesome. It can be cold, you just wear more
clothes. It can be wet and muddy - that's a challenge. In fact during
the summer it's usually wet and muddy on that farm. In winter it's
frozen so it's hard underfoot. But it can be extremely beautiful too
and there are so few people about ... I'm looking forward to it.

To each his own )

Indeed.

Mary