Sat ITV1 Ch4 & Ch5 for GBP20

Old November 5th 04, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Sat ITV1 Ch4 & Ch5 for GBP20

For those with a Sat $ky box and dish in their vans. You can now pay GBP20
a viewing card which will give you ITV, Ch4 and Ch5. No contract, No phone
line required. The problem is that you can only use it at home.

See sig

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sat ITV, Ch4, Ch5, only GBP20
http://www.freesatfromsky.com - "what is freesat?" - "view T&C" -
Old November 5th 04, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
The Simpsons

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
For those with a Sat $ky box and dish in their vans. You can now pay
GBP20
a viewing card which will give you ITV, Ch4 and Ch5. No contract, No phone
line required. The problem is that you can only use it at home.

Well, during the summer I tow my home all over the UK.

Fred S

Old November 7th 04, 12:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lee_D

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
For those with a Sat $ky box and dish in their vans. You can now pay
GBP20
a viewing card which will give you ITV, Ch4 and Ch5. No contract, No phone
line required. The problem is that you can only use it at home.

Is that just a terms and conditions thing or something technical preventing
use say in the south of france. I can't think how the system would know but
need to ask before investing in one.

Lee D

Old November 7th 04, 06:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 01:08:43 GMT, "Lee_D" wrote:

| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| For those with a Sat $ky box and dish in their vans. You can now pay
| GBP20
| a viewing card which will give you ITV, Ch4 and Ch5. No contract, No phone
| line required. The problem is that you can only use it at home.
|

| Is that just a terms and conditions thing or something technical preventing
| use say in the south of france. I can't think how the system would know but
| need to ask before investing in one.

How would $ky know you were using it in the South of France?
You will need a bigger dish in the South of France. Others here have
experience of the technical aspects.

--
Dave F

Old November 7th 04, 06:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old November 7th 04, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lee_D

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
How would $ky know you were using it in the South of France?
You will need a bigger dish in the South of France. Others here have
experience of the technical aspects.

Exactly my point. You mentioned it's only for home use, is that the small
print is what I'm asking? I can't think of any other logical reason not to
be able to.

I've already got a system which worked fine at Bayonne this year. I just
need a card to be able to get the channels we are short of as the subject
line.

Lee D

Old November 7th 04, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 15:28:13 GMT, "Lee_D" wrote:

| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| How would $ky know you were using it in the South of France?
| You will need a bigger dish in the South of France. Others here have
| experience of the technical aspects.
|

| Exactly my point. You mentioned it's only for home use, is that the small
| print is what I'm asking? I can't think of any other logical reason not to
| be able to.
|
| I've already got a system which worked fine at Bayonne this year. I just
| need a card to be able to get the channels we are short of as the subject
| line.

Which is why I started the thread, there are several here who would like
ITV1 Ch4 and Ch5 on existing setups.

The problem as far as $ky etc. are concerned is that the distribution
rights for UK broadcasts, are for UK only and do not include France, so if
anyone uses and $ky card outside the UK they are in breach of contract.
That is why they insist that each card is registered to a UK address. Now
if you choose to disregard $ky's problems, $ky might object if they ever
found out. But how would they find out?

--
List of Channels at http://www.wickonline.com/fta.htm