Ordered New Caravan

Old November 6th 04, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Default Ordered New Caravan

Hi,

Just went up to Earl's Court on Friday to have a look around and ended up
ordering a new Coachman Pastiche 460/2, as you do; right?

Anyway it all depends on my trade in, an 1992 Elldis Whirlwind XL 2 berth
which they quoted £2700.00 for! Answered all the right questions, has it got
damp? NO. Have you got any dogs? No. Any smokers? No.. etc etc. Ok someone
is coming in the next week or two to check it all out, I'm concerned that
because we haven't used it since July this year and it been wet and cold
where we are as it's stored outside, the guy's going to say it's damp inside
anyway! How can I make sure there not pulling anything over me?

Thanks

Steve

Old November 6th 04, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 19:08:39 -0000, "Stephen Reed"
wrote:

Hi,

Just went up to Earl's Court on Friday to have a look around and ended up
ordering a new Coachman Pastiche 460/2, as you do; right?

Anyway it all depends on my trade in, an 1992 Elldis Whirlwind XL 2 berth
which they quoted £2700.00 for! Answered all the right questions, has it got
damp? NO. Have you got any dogs? No. Any smokers? No.. etc etc. Ok someone
is coming in the next week or two to check it all out, I'm concerned that
because we haven't used it since July this year and it been wet and cold
where we are as it's stored outside, the guy's going to say it's damp inside
anyway! How can I make sure there not pulling anything over me?

Plug it in to the electric, and run a fire in there to warm it up and
then put a dehumidifier in and run that for several days before they
are coming. Make sure that all your cupboards are open so that the
warm air gets into the corners and you will have done as much as you
can. But make sure that there is no condensadtion about in the van
before they arrive. If they say they have found damp, then ask them
to show you where with their meter. If it shows damp it shows damp.

(remove the spam to reply)

Old November 6th 04, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Thanks Bill,

I can't plug into electric, will gas do? otherwise I'm down there Monday
morning!!

Steve

Old November 6th 04, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Stephen Reed" wrote in message
Hi,

Just went up to Earl's Court on Friday to have a look around and ended up
ordering a new Coachman Pastiche 460/2, as you do; right?

Anyway it all depends on my trade in, an 1992 Elldis Whirlwind XL 2 berth
which they quoted £2700.00 for!

Do not know what one of those is like but sounds a good price for a 12 year
old caravan..
Who are you buying from a dealer of Coachman or direct from Coachman?

My experience of dealers is when giving you unseen p/x values is that when
viewed they give you less. Please be prepared to what your reaction is
going to be if this quote is reduced, do not be tricked into saying yes to
less money. One time my 'firm' p/x was reduced on the day I went in to
collect my new caravan, I was silly and accepted, I should have taken my old
caravan away and cancelled the deal.

Please reply to News Group.

Old November 6th 04, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 19:31:31 -0000, "Stephen Reed"
wrote:

Thanks Bill,

I can't plug into electric, will gas do? otherwise I'm down there Monday
morning!!

The gas will warm it up and remove the condensation if it on for long
enough, but the dehumidifier does the job better.

(remove the spam to reply)