"Bigfoot"

Old November 7th 04, 09:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ecky-h

Default "Bigfoot"

Is anyone using a "bigfoot" motor mover?
I am considering buying one and would like any feed-back on this mover.
I cannot fit an axle type, as the caravan I have does not have the clearance
under the chassis.(Fleurette Tamaris )

Old November 7th 04, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

ecky-h wrote:

Is anyone using a "bigfoot" motor mover?
I am considering buying one and would like any feed-back on this
mover.
I cannot fit an axle type, as the caravan I have does not have the
clearance under the chassis.(Fleurette Tamaris )

*Any* device which powers the jockey wheel is very much second best to one
which acts on the main wheels. The adhesion on wet grass or chippings is
very poor because only a fraction of the van's weight (typically 7%) is
pressing down on the driving wheel. Having small wheels, they also sink in
on anything other than firm ground - so that they constantly have to try to
climb out of a hole. If you only ever want to move the van on firm level
ground, they're fine. But under these conditions they're a waste of money,
because you can just as easily move it by hand!

Are you *sure* that you can't fit an axle mover. Have you looked at *all*
available makes and models - there may be differences in the clearances
required?
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old November 7th 04, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Martin Edwards wrote:

I use bigfoot.com as an email service, does that count?

Well, I suppose you could move your caravan by sending it as an attachment
to an email!g
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old November 7th 04, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 20:06:30 -0000, "Hitch Lock"

Martin Edwards wrote:

I use bigfoot.com as an email service, does that count?

Well, I suppose you could move your caravan by sending it as an attachment
to an email!g

OK as long as your ISP doesn't block large attachments.

Lenny

Old November 8th 04, 02:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin Edwards

I use bigfoot.com as an email service, does that count?

Old November 8th 04, 02:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin Edwards

I use bigfoot.com as an email service, does that count?

Old November 8th 04, 08:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

Martin Edwards wrote:

I use bigfoot.com as an email service, does that count?

Well, I suppose you could move your caravan by sending it as an

attachment
to an email!g

OK as long as your ISP doesn't block large attachments.

Lenny

Then the caravan manufacturers will have to start giving the size of vans in
kilobytes.

Dave

---