The Ultimate site - for me!

Old November 7th 04, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JRS

Default The Ultimate site - for me!

I am looking to book a site for July/August next year and am looking for
recommendations. I like CC an C&CC sites and the quality / cleanliness of
facilities but I would also like a pool, preferably indoor in case the
weather is poor. I also like the caravan spacing on most CC sites. Prefer
close to the sea with good beaches (not too crowded) and things to do for a
9 and 6 year old round and about, but could sacrifice sea for good pool and
some decent hill walking. I usually go south / southwest England but am not
averse to somewhere different - like walking in the peaks / lakes. Might
even consider France for the right site. Not keen on massive commercial
sites that are like Butlins in your own caravan - smaller the better. Cost
not really an issue.

Charmouth CC site came close but vans were too close together and they
couldn't keep on top of toilet block cleanliness at busy periods.

Am I asking too much or are there lots of places I haven't yet discovered?

Thanks.

Jon

Old November 7th 04, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
andy

In message , JRS
muttered:
Am I asking too much or are there lots of places I haven't yet discovered?

Whether you're asking too much depends on how much you want to spend.
The following site has *everything* you're looking for, but it's
27.75/night (tents are cheaper - 25/night !!!).

http://www.holgates.co.uk/

Very exclusive, but too expensive for me. Could be described as the
"ultimate site" tho'.

--
Andy

Old November 7th 04, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

JRS said the following on 07/11/2004 11:13:
- smaller the better. Cost
not really an issue.

Charmouth CC site came close but vans were too close together and they
couldn't keep on top of toilet block cleanliness at busy periods.

Am I asking too much or are there lots of places I haven't yet discovered?

Thanks.

Jon

Use your own bog, stay on a cl, or go in June or September.

Roy

Old November 7th 04, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"JRS" wrote in message
[...]

What about the CC site at Looe

DieSea

Old November 7th 04, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rob

Take a look at Sun Valley near St Austell. We use to go their every year
when our kids were younger. Not cheap but good quality.
http://www.sunvalley-holidays.co.uk/indexsunvalley.htm