Recommendation please - Gower or Portmadoc

Old November 8th 04, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Bilton

Default Recommendation please - Gower or Portmadoc

Dear all,

We are looking for a site either on the Gower or the Portmadoc area
for the Whitsun bank holiday week, at the end of May next year.

In total there will be 6 adults, 5 children under 6, two caravans and
one tent.

Ideally the site would be close to the beach, and having good on-site
amentiies - evening entertainment isn't really required.

My father has seen Carreglywd on the Gower and thought it looked good,
but thought it a bit expensive - he's been away from vanning for about
10 years - it worked out at 19.50/night for the van, 2 adults, 3
children plus electric based on 2004 prices.

We visited Black Rock Sands campsite 25 years ago and were wondering
what it was like now - does anyone know?

All assistance gratefully received.

Cheers

SteveB
Old November 9th 04, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Steve Bilton vaguely muttered something like ...
Dear all,

We are looking for a site either on the Gower or the Portmadoc area
for the Whitsun bank holiday week, at the end of May next year.

In total there will be 6 adults, 5 children under 6, two caravans and
one tent.

Ideally the site would be close to the beach, and having good on-site
amentiies - evening entertainment isn't really required.

My father has seen Carreglywd on the Gower and thought it looked good,
but thought it a bit expensive - he's been away from vanning for about
10 years - it worked out at 19.50/night for the van, 2 adults, 3
children plus electric based on 2004 prices.

We visited Black Rock Sands campsite 25 years ago and were wondering
what it was like now - does anyone know?

All assistance gratefully received.

We use Gowerton CC Site when there. The Racing we do is sometimes held (The
Welsh round anyway) in the Sports Centre grounds just behind the site ..

It has excellent facilities, though you can't walk to the beach with little
children, though it _is_ a nice walk if you're in no hurry. It's about 5
miles from a beach.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules !!!

Old November 9th 04, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tonz121

Blackrock sands in Portmadoc is one of my favourite places in this country
had many happy holidays there over the years . Still a great place to go and
a lot more up to date now , think you will see a few changes and forgot to
say what a great beach