OT GPS

Old November 10th 04, 08:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default OT GPS

I must first say I noticed a thread on GPS s/w but have not read it and if
it as covered what I'm about to my appologies.
All I know really is when I got my new car it was an extra and very
expensive to have in and an annual payment to be made.
A week or so ago I was in an expensive car as a passenger which had it, it
looked very good.
Now that's about all I know.
Except I note in Argos catolgue ones as seperate units.

What is the sort of cheapest price one can get into GPS as a route director?

As with all new electronics they come in at first at hundreds /thousand
pound prices, then suddernly a supermarket or someone starts selling at a
fraction of the cost. Are we getting near this piont with GPS when the
masses buy?

Please reply to News Group.

Old November 10th 04, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

Hi
There is an advert in our local ALDI that they are putting one model on sale
on 17/11/04. What make or how good it will be I cant say, but if they have
sold out by teatime, I'll take it as a bargin missed at under 250!!!!!

Old November 10th 04, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris

I must first say I noticed a thread on GPS s/w but have not read it and if
it as covered what I'm about to my appologies.
All I know really is when I got my new car it was an extra and very
expensive to have in and an annual payment to be made.
A week or so ago I was in an expensive car as a passenger which had it, it
looked very good.
Now that's about all I know.
Except I note in Argos catolgue ones as seperate units.

What is the sort of cheapest price one can get into GPS as a route
director?

As with all new electronics they come in at first at hundreds /thousand
pound prices, then suddernly a supermarket or someone starts selling at a
fraction of the cost. Are we getting near this piont with GPS when the
masses buy?

www.amazon.co.uk Tomtom Go 412gbp
Tom tom go is an 'all in one' sat nav, I use the Pda version (tomtom 3) and
find it very good and easy to use. Plus both also comes with 'major roads'
of Europe.

Some of the cheaper Medion, Aldi, Halfords,etc. only come with major roads
of UK (not every street).Check before you buy.

HTH
Chris D

Old November 11th 04, 04:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jerry

"Chris" wrote in message

Some of the cheaper Medion, Aldi, Halfords,etc. only come with major roads
of UK (not every street).Check before you buy.

HTH
Chris D

I use the Medion and it has minor roads in it too, believe me .

Old November 11th 04, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JRS

if you have a PDA you can get a receiver and mapping for around 150. I have
TomTom on an Ipaq and it works well.

Jon

Old November 11th 04, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Todays special at Aldi was a Medion at 249-99.
Local store had 30 at 6-30am. All went immediately I'm was told.

Please reply to News Group.