Spain in January

Old November 19th 04, 04:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Guest

Default Spain in January

Hello all,

I am looking for information on what is the best sites that are open in
January in Spain and what is the best way to go from England to Spain, We
heard that the La Manga Camp site is very good?, I have not been over to the
Continent before, How are the roads in Spain and France to drive on?,Is it
best for a new driver to the Continent to go by carferry to Santander or
Bilbao in Spain?, Or can i drive through France and what is the best route
to go in Spain that way?,
I know that a lot of you have done this before?,
So if you can help please let me know,
We are members of the Caravan Club and the Caravanning and Camping Club,

Thanks for your kind Help.

Yours
Mr & Mrs John Scott

Old November 19th 04, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

Or can i drive through France and what is the best route
to go in Spain that way?,

If you can't afford Santander (and I would ONLY consider Brittany Ferries
for that sort of distance), I think the best route to Spain is Portsmouth-St
Malo (nice long overnight crossing with enough time to drink/eat/sleep) then
down through Rennes and Nantes and then down the Atlantic coast
(A83/A10/N10/A63). A Calais crossing would be hell to get to Spain. It would
basically be the longest crossing of France possible.

Christian.

Old November 19th 04, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
Or can i drive through France and what is the best route
to go in Spain that way?,

If you can't afford Santander (and I would ONLY consider Brittany Ferries
for that sort of distance), I think the best route to Spain is

Portsmouth-St
Malo (nice long overnight crossing with enough time to drink/eat/sleep)

then
down through Rennes and Nantes and then down the Atlantic coast
(A83/A10/N10/A63). A Calais crossing would be hell to get to Spain. It

would
basically be the longest crossing of France possible.

Christian.

I've travelled Portsmouth - Bilbao and the route was fine. One potential
down-side though, crossing the Bay of Biscay in mid-winter - if you are
unlucky enough to catch a bad storm it will be very rough.

Any location from the Costa Blanca southwards right down to the Costa del
Sol will be where you'll find the best weather. Almeria has a reputation for
being one of the driest and sunniest areas. There are quite a lot of sites
that stay open for winter snowbirds, including a couple of good naturist
ones. Let me know if you want the details.

Mike
www.barebeaches.com

Old November 20th 04, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Guest

Hi Christian,
Thanks for your reply today i will have a look at my map to see your routh,

Yours
Mr & Mrs J Scott

Old November 20th 04, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Guest

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply today,If i get stuck looking for a site i will let you
know,
I got a Book from CC call Caravan Europe 1,
It would put you off going to Spain as it is full of warning about getting
muged and geting stop on the roads over there it would put you off going?,
Thanks again.
Yours
Mr & Mrs J Scott
. uk...

Old November 20th 04, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lex M

wrote in
:

Hello all,

I am looking for information on what is the best sites that are open in
January in Spain and what is the best way to go from England to Spain,
We heard that the La Manga Camp site is very good?, I have not been over
to the Continent before, How are the roads in Spain and France to drive
on?,Is it best for a new driver to the Continent to go by carferry to
Santander or Bilbao in Spain?, Or can i drive through France and what is
the best route to go in Spain that way?,
I know that a lot of you have done this before?,
So if you can help please let me know,
We are members of the Caravan Club and the Caravanning and Camping Club,

Thanks for your kind Help.

Yours
Mr & Mrs John Scott

Maybe this is appropriate: