Selling up :-( so i need some advice)

Old November 20th 04, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
alexhaden

Default Selling up :-( so i need some advice)

Ok, i have had my Bailey Ranger 470/4 for 7 months, and unfortunatley we are
having to sell up, due to alot of other stuff happening in our lives......

Im looking for advice on how much i can expect to get, and the best place to
sell.

Its a baliley ranger 470/4 2004 In perfect Condition (only used three times)

It has a Ticamo (inica) porch awning (alloy), Hitch lock & Wheel clamp
(milenco), 40ltr aqua roll, wastemaster, Aquaroll Mains connector.

I dont have a clue how much to sell for 2nd hand, but im hoping t o get a
really good price as its so new.....when i bought it from barrons, i also
got the extended warranty, with 1st service free.

When i phoned them to check how much they would give me, they offered a
**REALLY** tiny pice, almost as low as i have seen some '95 caravans being
sold for!

So any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old November 20th 04, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

alexhaden wrote:

[...]

You'll have to sell it privately to get a better price than a dealer will
offer - and it isn't really the best time of year to be doing that! You'd do
better in Feb/March.

Are you a member of the Caravan Club, or do you know someone who is? They do
a scheme with Glass' Guide to give you a valuation. You have to pay
something like a fiver to use the service. You could also look at private
ads in caravan magazines, and see whether anyone is selling a similar van -
and at what asking price.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old November 22nd 04, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Kinnear

Its a baliley ranger 470/4 2004 In perfect Condition (only used three
times)

Relative bought a new caravan in May this year, special deal price at
Sunlite caravans.12,500. Wifey saw one with a nicer layout at Harringtons
last month and asked about part ex value. 8000!
However a friend put his 1998 van in against a new one this spring at the
dealer he bought it from new, in Suffolk (maybe Cambridgeshire) and was
allowed 8000.
DaveK (Been off for months- Outlook Express died but has mysteriously come
back to life)