Stuffy

Old November 25th 04, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
garmon

Default Stuffy

in here isn't it?
Where could I get the best details of how to 'winterize' a caravan please?
I don't fancy covering it. I can't put it inside this year, so consequently
it will be out in the weather!
Here's my idea, let me know what you lot think please? (not that I think I
need to ask!)
This isn't a joke by the way, I'm quite serious!!
I reckon that if you mixed up a couple of buckets of Wallpaper paste to
usual consistency, and added a little bleach to the mixture, then coated the
caravan all over, you could pressure wash it all off in the spring to reveal
a sparkling caravan!

However!!! caveats, caveats..I don't know!! Would the paste or bleach have
any long term effect on the van?
I shall certainly try in on a small section, just to see if it works.
In the mean time I would be grateful for some more 'conventional' advice
please!
TIA
Steve

Old November 25th 04, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Krikey

"garmon" wrote in message
you could pressure wash it all off in the spring to reveal
a sparkling caravan!

Ok, I'll bite. Stare at the light and let your mind go blank. That's it,
you're under. Now, when I count to three you will wake up and all thoughts
of using a pressure washer on a caravan will have gone forever. One, two,
three.

Old November 25th 04, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Krikey" wrote in message

"garmon" wrote in message
you could pressure wash it all off in the spring to reveal
a sparkling caravan!

Ok, I'll bite. Stare at the light and let your mind go blank. That's it,
you're under. Now, when I count to three you will wake up and all
thoughts
of using a pressure washer on a caravan will have gone forever. One, two,
three.

I don't know what this is about but we've used a pressure washer on our old
one. You seem to be indicating that there's a problem ...

Mary

Old November 25th 04, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

I regularly use the pressure washer on my caravan and have had no problems
whatsoever, just need to be careful, it is excellent for washing down the
roof. If you are stupid and direct the jet into any of the vents, at soft
mastic or under window seals etc then you will cause damage.

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

Old November 25th 04, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Stewart" wrote in message
I regularly use the pressure washer on my caravan and have had no problems
whatsoever, just need to be careful, it is excellent for washing down the
roof. If you are stupid and direct the jet into any of the vents, at
soft
mastic or under window seals etc then you will cause damage.

B ut the same applies if you use an ordinary hosepipe.

Mary

Old November 26th 04, 08:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

"Krikey" wrote in message

"garmon" wrote in message
you could pressure wash it all off in the spring to reveal
a sparkling caravan!

Ok, I'll bite. Stare at the light and let your mind go blank. That's

it,
you're under. Now, when I count to three you will wake up and all
thoughts
of using a pressure washer on a caravan will have gone forever. One,

two,
three.

I don't know what this is about but we've used a pressure washer on our

old
one. You seem to be indicating that there's a problem ...

Absolutely. I've been using a pressure washer on my caravan for years with
no problem. You just have to be careful as to where you direct the jet, and
how close you get.

Kev