Slightly OT - generators

Old November 28th 04, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

Default Slightly OT - generators

My need for one is OT - but I'm sure this is the right place to ask.

I am looking for a small generator to run small power tools (drills,
sanders, battery charger etc) while away from base. Prefer diesel if
possible. Noise is not an issue, as we will not be using it on a site.
Prefer rugged and economical rather than inconspicuous and dinky. Price is
important. Any recommendations (or a good supplier to investigate) would be
welcome.

TVMIA

--

Rich

Pas d'elle yeux Rhone que nous

Old November 28th 04, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Richard Brookman" wrote in message
My need for one is OT - but I'm sure this is the right place to ask.

I am looking for a small generator to run small power tools (drills,
sanders, battery charger etc) while away from base. Prefer diesel if
possible. Noise is not an issue, as we will not be using it on a site.
Prefer rugged and economical rather than inconspicuous and dinky. Price

is
important. Any recommendations (or a good supplier to investigate) would

be
welcome.

Machine Mart, they seem to have shops everywhere.
Clark (e) is thier own in house brand.

Please reply to News Group.

Old November 28th 04, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard Brookman

So David was, like

"Richard Brookman" wrote in message

I am looking for a small generator to run small power tools

Machine Mart, they seem to have shops everywhere.
Clark (e) is thier own in house brand.

Nearest is about 70 miles away, unfortunately. I've had a look at their
website and they seem to have what I need.

Thanks for the info.

Old November 29th 04, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Richard Brookman" wrote in message
My need for one is OT - but I'm sure this is the right place to ask.

I am looking for a small generator to run small power tools

I bought a 650 watt gennie from Costco for 90. Aldi and Lidl have similar
from time to time- and they are 850 watt. Seem to be the similar machines
with different brand labels.
They have two stroke engines running on 50 to 1 petroil mixture. Bit noisy
compared to top makes such as Honda but the price is right. I have run
garden equipment and lighting from it ok. A hot air paint stripper caused it
to wheeze so I checked the switch and found it was on a 1200w setting,-
switched over to 850 watts and it was fine.
DaveK.

---
Outgoing mail certified Virus Free.

Old November 29th 04, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nigel Crompton

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:47:25 +0000 (UTC), "Richard Brookman"
wrote:

My need for one is OT - but I'm sure this is the right place to ask.

I am looking for a small generator to run small power tools (drills,

Makro were doing 1kw for 70 earlier this year. Petrol, mind, and
distictly agricultural looking...

Old November 30th 04, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Archibald

Richard Brookman wrote:

My need for one is OT - but I'm sure this is the right place to ask.

I am looking for a small generator to run small power tools (drills,
sanders, battery charger etc) while away from base. Prefer diesel if
possible. Noise is not an issue, as we will not be using it on a site.
Prefer rugged and economical rather than inconspicuous and dinky. Price is
important. Any recommendations (or a good supplier to investigate) would be
welcome.

But if you buy a cheap generator (and chances are it will have been made
in China and will be petrol) you won't be expecting it to last very
long, will you? Especially if you run it continuously.

I bought a very good s/h 4kva diesel generator (Lister-Petter/Markon)
from ebay.

Archie