28 day rule please help

Old November 28th 04, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
david

Default 28 day rule please help

does anyone no what the rule is for staying on touring sites for
longer than 28 days. can you take your van of and then take it back a
day or two later then stay another 28 days.

Regards David
Old November 28th 04, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

david wrote:

does anyone no what the rule is for staying on touring sites for
longer than 28 days. can you take your van of and then take it back a
day or two later then stay another 28 days.

Regards David

Doesn't it depend on the individual site? As far as I know there's no such
*legal* restriction - because some sites have "seasonal" pitches where you
can stay for several months at a time.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old November 28th 04, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"david" wrote in message
does anyone no what the rule is for staying on touring sites for
longer than 28 days. can you take your van of and then take it back a
day or two later then stay another 28 days.

No rule you need to be bothered about for commercial touring sites- they are
covered by caravan sites/planning rules.
CL's are restricted,- you need to be a member of a club with an exemption
certificate.
In practice -speak to the landowner,(unless you are a pikey in which case
setup wherever you like and do what you feel).

DaveK.

---
Outgoing mail certified Virus Free.

Old November 28th 04, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alex Heney

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:49:18 GMT, david
wrote:

does anyone no what the rule is for staying on touring sites for
longer than 28 days. can you take your van of and then take it back a
day or two later then stay another 28 days.

that depends on what the rule is :-)

There is no such thing as a single, national 28 day rule.

Various councils have rules which they specify before planning consent
will be granted, and that is often a maximum stay of 21 or 28 days.
Both main clubs also have rules (21 days for C&CC, 28 for CC).

I think both the clubs rules say at least 2 nights off site before
coming back, I'm not sure about any specific council rules.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
If winning isn't important then why keep score?

Old November 29th 04, 06:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:

| does anyone no what the rule is for staying on touring sites for
| longer than 28 days. can you take your van of and then take it back a
| day or two later then stay another 28 days.

When contracting I got round it by going home at the weekends. So I was
camping for five days and they were storing the van for 2 days, at an all
in price. Had to move the van every few weeks so that they could mow
underneath it.

Ask about the licence conditions of *that* site. I know of one site where
the 28 day rule does not apply.

--
Dave F
Old November 29th 04, 06:51 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old November 29th 04, 06:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 22:32:38 -0000, "Hitch Lock" wrote:

| In an earlier contribution to this discussion,
| david wrote:
|
| does anyone no what the rule is for staying on touring sites for
| longer than 28 days. can you take your van of and then take it back a
| day or two later then stay another 28 days.
|
| Regards David
|
| Doesn't it depend on the individual site? As far as I know there's no such
| *legal* restriction - because some sites have "seasonal" pitches where you
| can stay for several months at a time.

There is a planning restriction on *some* sites.
I discussed it at length with a site owner.

--
Dave F