A Caravan forum. Caravan Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Caravan Banter forum » Caravan, Motor Homes and Camping Newsgroups » UK Caravanning
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

UK Caravanning (uk.rec.caravanning) A forum for the discussion of caravanning undertaken by residents of the United Kingdom, whether in the UK or abroad. It encourages the interchange of views on the merits of models of caravan, makes of tow car, accessories, caravan sites, caravan clubs, and other related topics. The term caravan is to include trailer vans, motor caravans and trailer tents.

CI Wilk motorhome... bad move??



 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old December 1st 04, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sean
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11
Default CI Wilk motorhome... bad move??

Hello,
First posting here is a question... is buying a '93 CI Wilk motorhome a
good or bad move?

My wife and I are about to buy our first motorhome and have found what
seems to be a good deal on a CI Wlk 5 berth using a Fiat 2.5 Diesel as a
base (terminology correct??). Seems to be a good deal given our budget.

However, I can't find any information about this particular motorhome or
indeed any motorhomes produced by CI Wilk. I have found a German web
site that gives me little informatation...

So, the question is... good move, bad move, why is there so little
information on CI Wilk motorhomes?

Ads
  #2 (permalink)  
Old December 1st 04, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,042
Default CI Wilk motorhome... bad move??

Sean vaguely muttered something like ...
Hello,
First posting here is a question... is buying a '93 CI Wilk motorhome a
good or bad move?

My wife and I are about to buy our first motorhome and have found what
seems to be a good deal on a CI Wlk 5 berth using a Fiat 2.5 Diesel as a
base (terminology correct??). Seems to be a good deal given our budget.

However, I can't find any information about this particular motorhome or
indeed any motorhomes produced by CI Wilk. I have found a German web
site that gives me little informatation...

So, the question is... good move, bad move, why is there so little
information on CI Wilk motorhomes?


Maybe if there's a lack of information then there might also be a lack in
the supporting infrastructure and services.

It'd certainly put me off.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules !!!
http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php
"A tosser is a tosser, no matter what mode of transport they're using."


  #3 (permalink)  
Old December 1st 04, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,042
Default CI Wilk motorhome... bad move??

Sean vaguely muttered something like ...
Hello,
First posting here is a question... is buying a '93 CI Wilk motorhome a
good or bad move?

My wife and I are about to buy our first motorhome and have found what
seems to be a good deal on a CI Wlk 5 berth using a Fiat 2.5 Diesel as a
base (terminology correct??). Seems to be a good deal given our budget.

However, I can't find any information about this particular motorhome or
indeed any motorhomes produced by CI Wilk. I have found a German web
site that gives me little informatation...

So, the question is... good move, bad move, why is there so little
information on CI Wilk motorhomes?


Maybe if there's a lack of information then there might also be a lack in
the supporting infrastructure and services.

It'd certainly put me off.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules !!!
http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php
"A tosser is a tosser, no matter what mode of transport they're using."


  #4 (permalink)  
Old December 1st 04, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
s--p--o--n--i--x
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default CI Wilk motorhome... bad move??

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:22:25 +0000, Sean wrote:

Hello,
First posting here is a question... is buying a '93 CI Wilk motorhome a
good or bad move?

My wife and I are about to buy our first motorhome and have found what
seems to be a good deal on a CI Wlk 5 berth using a Fiat 2.5 Diesel as a
base (terminology correct??). Seems to be a good deal given our budget.

However, I can't find any information about this particular motorhome or
indeed any motorhomes produced by CI Wilk. I have found a German web
site that gives me little informatation...

So, the question is... good move, bad move, why is there so little
information on CI Wilk motorhomes?


I'd assume that CI Wilk were the German arm of what was "Caravans
International" (Now called Trigano SpA.)

Try contacting them to see if they can provide any further info:

http://www.trigano.it/

sPoNiX
  #5 (permalink)  
Old December 1st 04, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
s--p--o--n--i--x
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default CI Wilk motorhome... bad move??

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 09:22:25 +0000, Sean wrote:

Hello,
First posting here is a question... is buying a '93 CI Wilk motorhome a
good or bad move?

My wife and I are about to buy our first motorhome and have found what
seems to be a good deal on a CI Wlk 5 berth using a Fiat 2.5 Diesel as a
base (terminology correct??). Seems to be a good deal given our budget.

However, I can't find any information about this particular motorhome or
indeed any motorhomes produced by CI Wilk. I have found a German web
site that gives me little informatation...

So, the question is... good move, bad move, why is there so little
information on CI Wilk motorhomes?


I'd assume that CI Wilk were the German arm of what was "Caravans
International" (Now called Trigano SpA.)

Try contacting them to see if they can provide any further info:

http://www.trigano.it/

sPoNiX
  #6 (permalink)  
Old December 1st 04, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sean
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11
Default CI Wilk motorhome... bad move??

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:

So, the question is... good move, bad move, why is there so little
information on CI Wilk motorhomes?


I'd assume that CI Wilk were the German arm of what was "Caravans
International" (Now called Trigano SpA.)


Thanks... will have a look.
It's a tough call really because the vehicle does look good, smells fine (no
damp) and is in general good order. However, as I'm completely new to this
game I'm tending to be cautious. Best I can fathom is that the Wilk brand
seems to be common enough in Europe though I can't see any sign of new
motorhomes, indicating they were took over or went out of business...?




  #7 (permalink)  
Old December 1st 04, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sean
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11
Default CI Wilk motorhome... bad move??

s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:

So, the question is... good move, bad move, why is there so little
information on CI Wilk motorhomes?


I'd assume that CI Wilk were the German arm of what was "Caravans
International" (Now called Trigano SpA.)


Thanks... will have a look.
It's a tough call really because the vehicle does look good, smells fine (no
damp) and is in general good order. However, as I'm completely new to this
game I'm tending to be cautious. Best I can fathom is that the Wilk brand
seems to be common enough in Europe though I can't see any sign of new
motorhomes, indicating they were took over or went out of business...?




  #8 (permalink)  
Old December 1st 04, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
flash
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 12
Default CI Wilk motorhome... bad move??


"Sean" wrote in message ...
s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:

So, the question is... good move, bad move, why is there so little
information on CI Wilk motorhomes?


I'd assume that CI Wilk were the German arm of what was "Caravans
International" (Now called Trigano SpA.)


Thanks... will have a look.
It's a tough call really because the vehicle does look good, smells fine

(no
damp) and is in general good order. However, as I'm completely new to this
game I'm tending to be cautious. Best I can fathom is that the Wilk brand
seems to be common enough in Europe though I can't see any sign of new
motorhomes, indicating they were took over or went out of business...?


The motorhome business, like the caravan one, seems full of manufacturers
that come and go or get taken over by bigger ones. I have a CI motorhome and
have never seen another one quite like it on the road but pretty much all
the bits that make it up , like the cooker, fridge, windows, sinks,taps,
toilet are common to all the other motorhomes on the road - I've certainly
never had problems getting bits for it.

All the manufacturers do is take a base chassis, lob the living quarters on
it ( basically a caravan like construction) and then source all the other
bits from equipment manufacturers. Obviously if you rip the side of your
van off on something then you might not be able to buy a new side from CI
but (a) There are plenty of people who can create new bodywork for it and
(b) its probably a write off anyway.

The chassis and cab will be a standard fiat one so no problems there (other
than the standard fiat ones).

When you say that there doesn't appear to be any damp make sure that you go
through the van and poke every bit of the walls you can find - inside
cupboards, under the sink, under the seats. If the van is damp then the
plyboard that makes up the walls will feel soft when prodded - walk away,
you may even be able to poke thru the wall - run away.

How much is it for sale for?




  #9 (permalink)  
Old December 1st 04, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
flash
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default CI Wilk motorhome... bad move??


"Sean" wrote in message ...
s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:

So, the question is... good move, bad move, why is there so little
information on CI Wilk motorhomes?


I'd assume that CI Wilk were the German arm of what was "Caravans
International" (Now called Trigano SpA.)


Thanks... will have a look.
It's a tough call really because the vehicle does look good, smells fine

(no
damp) and is in general good order. However, as I'm completely new to this
game I'm tending to be cautious. Best I can fathom is that the Wilk brand
seems to be common enough in Europe though I can't see any sign of new
motorhomes, indicating they were took over or went out of business...?


The motorhome business, like the caravan one, seems full of manufacturers
that come and go or get taken over by bigger ones. I have a CI motorhome and
have never seen another one quite like it on the road but pretty much all
the bits that make it up , like the cooker, fridge, windows, sinks,taps,
toilet are common to all the other motorhomes on the road - I've certainly
never had problems getting bits for it.

All the manufacturers do is take a base chassis, lob the living quarters on
it ( basically a caravan like construction) and then source all the other
bits from equipment manufacturers. Obviously if you rip the side of your
van off on something then you might not be able to buy a new side from CI
but (a) There are plenty of people who can create new bodywork for it and
(b) its probably a write off anyway.

The chassis and cab will be a standard fiat one so no problems there (other
than the standard fiat ones).

When you say that there doesn't appear to be any damp make sure that you go
through the van and poke every bit of the walls you can find - inside
cupboards, under the sink, under the seats. If the van is damp then the
plyboard that makes up the walls will feel soft when prodded - walk away,
you may even be able to poke thru the wall - run away.

How much is it for sale for?




  #10 (permalink)  
Old December 1st 04, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sean
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 11
Default CI Wilk motorhome... bad move??

flash wrote:

snip

All the manufacturers do is take a base chassis, lob the living quarters on
it ( basically a caravan like construction) and then source all the other
bits from equipment manufacturers. Obviously if you rip the side of your
van off on something then you might not be able to buy a new side from CI
but (a) There are plenty of people who can create new bodywork for it and
(b) its probably a write off anyway.

The chassis and cab will be a standard fiat one so no problems there (other
than the standard fiat ones).

When you say that there doesn't appear to be any damp make sure that you go
through the van and poke every bit of the walls you can find - inside
cupboards, under the sink, under the seats. If the van is damp then the
plyboard that makes up the walls will feel soft when prodded - walk away,
you may even be able to poke thru the wall - run away.

How much is it for sale for?


Appreciate the common sense reply. We've had a poke around but not in real
detail... I've actually looked at the mechanicals more, I suppose because that's
what I'm more familiar with. It's a '93 for sale for around 20k Euro. Seems to
be about the right price compared to others we've enquired about. This is from a
dealer who will give a warranty and is apparantly well regarded.

We've yet to do the final haggling and make the decision - I think the main
issue we have is whether we're ready to make the financial commitment to this
potential lifestyle change ('cos 20 grand will buy a lot of hotel weekends
away).

Thanks
Sean


 



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6
Copyright 2004-2019 Caravan Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.