Television

Old December 1st 04, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
skubdoo

Default Television

I`m looking for a 12 volt power supply cable for a 10in FERGUSON A10R...and
so far have not had any luck, so I thought I would ask you caravan chaps as
this must be a widely used set.

regards.

Old December 1st 04, 12:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , skubdoo
writes
I`m looking for a 12 volt power supply cable for a 10in FERGUSON A10R...and
so far have not had any luck, so I thought I would ask you caravan chaps as
this must be a widely used set.

regards.

Can't you make one up? What type of connector is it? Even if you had a
lead for the TV end you would still need to know the polarity to wire it
in to whatever you wish to connect it to.
--
hugh

Old December 1st 04, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
skubdoo

Thats just it Hugh, in the tele end, its a moulded plug and yes I would wire
it myself if I could get the correct type...there is a difference between
12v and 240 in as much the shape is slightly different and the set is now 10
yrs old and all the new 12 v supply cable is of the new round pin type.

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , skubdoo
writes

Old December 1st 04, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
skubdoo

Thats just it Hugh, in the tele end, its a moulded plug and yes I would wire
it myself if I could get the correct type...there is a difference between
12v and 240 in as much the shape is slightly different and the set is now 10
yrs old and all the new 12 v supply cable is of the new round pin type.

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , skubdoo
writes

Old December 1st 04, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"skubdoo" wrote in message
I`m looking for a 12 volt power supply cable for a 10in FERGUSON

A10R...and
so far have not had any luck, so I thought I would ask you caravan chaps

as
this must be a widely used set.

Buy a mains to dc multi voltage power supply from Dixons - or cheaper at
Poundstretchers or market stall. A couple of quid and they have a switch for
various low power voltages up to 12 volts. Another switch for inner or outer
of the various jack plugs to be positive or negative. The jack outlets are
different sizes to suit all types of kit and even a 9 volt battery type
connector.
DaveK.

---
Outgoing mail certified Virus Free.

Old December 1st 04, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"davek" wrote in message

Buy a mains to dc multi voltage power supply from Dixons - or cheaper at
Poundstretchers or market stall. A couple of quid and they have a switch

for
various low power voltages up to 12 volts. Another switch for inner or

outer
of the various jack plugs to be positive or negative. The jack outlets are
different sizes to suit all types of kit and even a 9 volt battery type

Make sure you connect + and - right way round on an old set.

Please reply to News Group.

Old December 1st 04, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

Could you get the cover off and fit a new plug into the casing then move
the wires across on the inside or link across in parallel?

In message , skubdoo
writes

Thats just it Hugh, in the tele end, its a moulded plug and yes I would wire
it myself if I could get the correct type...there is a difference between
12v and 240 in as much the shape is slightly different and the set is now 10
yrs old and all the new 12 v supply cable is of the new round pin type.

"hugh" ] wrote in message
In message , skubdoo
writes