late night arrival ferry dover

Old December 2nd 04, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
marianne

Default late night arrival ferry dover

Hello, we arrive from Holland by late night boat from Calais at 02.30 in
Dover. Does anybody have suggestions how to overnight. I asume the campings
are closed.
We travel with car and caravan.
Groetjes, Marianne

Old December 2nd 04, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Folkestone Racecourse-Caravan Club site has a late arrivals area. 10kms west
of Folkestone
Open from 28th March.
Advance booking advised for late arrivals. tel:01303 261761.
DaveK.

"marianne" wrote in message
Hello, we arrive from Holland by late night boat from Calais at 02.30 in
Dover. Does anybody have suggestions how to overnight. I asume the
campings are closed.
We travel with car and caravan.
Groetjes, Marianne

---
Outgoing mail certified Virus Free.

Old December 2nd 04, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David klyne

--
"marianne" wrote in message
Hello, we arrive from Holland by late night boat from Calais at 02.30 in
Dover. Does anybody have suggestions how to overnight. I asume the

campings
are closed.
We travel with car and caravan.
Groetjes,

Marianne

There is a Caravan Club campsite very near to Dover which has an area
specifically for late arrivals/early departures it is called Black Horse
Farm and you can check it out on the Caravan Club website
www.caravanclub.co.uk for check out this link
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/black...an_club_si.htm

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk
site reports
For Grand Prix Fans www.donkeydoesf1.co.uk

Old December 2nd 04, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Chris Dewey

You can actually park overnight in Dover if you wish - more details at the
Dover District Council Website:

http://www.dover.gov.uk/parking/dover.asp

Best regards

Chris

Old December 2nd 04, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JSGJ

I was interested to read this posting and read the Council website that
advertises parking at the Dover Harbour Board Car park on Union St. Has
anybody got experience of this park? Would it be suitable to arrive about
1:30 am and get some shut eye before leaving in the morning for the long
drive home !

JSGJ

Old December 4th 04, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
wolverine

"JSGJ" wrote in message
I was interested to read this posting and read the Council website that
advertises parking at the Dover Harbour Board Car park on Union St. Has
anybody got experience of this park? Would it be suitable to arrive about
1:30 am and get some shut eye before leaving in the morning for the long
drive home !

I arrived about that time for a 05.15 crossing and was turned away from the
port. I spotted a policeman and asked him where to park, he said park along
the seafront for free and no-one will bother you.
Col