EU New Driving Licence for Trailers & Caravans.

Old December 5th 04, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Guest

Default EU New Driving Licence for Trailers & Caravans.

Hi looking for information on the new E.U Driving Licence test to tow a
caravan in UK and Mainland Europe starting next year,
I was reading a article in a Club Magazine about this,
When I was looking through the web for info on Spain I came on a site about
driving in the EU ( which I have now lost),
There was a mention on new driving rules,
That you will have to pass a trailer or a caravan test next year 2005 before
you can tow a trailer or a caravan,
It looked like all car drivers have to site a new type of test again before
you can tow a trailer or a caravan and the licence is for different sizes of
caravan and weight which means that you will only be allowed to drive your
weight on your licence?,
Do you have any news of this and the web site?.

Thanks
Yours
Mr & Mrs J Scott

Old December 5th 04, 10:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

As I understood it if you already have a full car licence with trailer
endorsement there is no need to retake a test. However if you have never had
the trailer endorsement on your licence then you will have to take a test to
allow the endorsement to be annotated/attached to your licence.

Cheers, Peter.
..

Old December 6th 04, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

wrote in message
[...]

There were changes made in 1997, hardly new though. A UK licence is valid
in Europe for whatever it's valid for in the UK (with the odd exception).
For what you need to pull a trailer see the DVLA website for specific
details but most people in 'ordinary' cars pulling 'ordinary' caravans wont
need an extra test.

Rgds

Andy R

Old December 6th 04, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Guest

Hello Andy,
Thats Good News,
I have held a Heavy Driving licence and a Motorcycle licence in 1964 and
Track laying licence form 1967 and 1969 HGV class 1 and PSV from to 1989,
hope you have it right Andy?,

Thanks for the info.
Yours
Mr & Mrs J Scott

Old December 6th 04, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Guest

Hi Peter thanks for your info and help.

Yours
Mr & Mrs J Scott