Wish You Were Here Comments

Old July 5th 03, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
slnc

Default Wish You Were Here Comments

Hi Bill,
Just had to put this one in?,

"bill lord" wrote in message
| On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:49:48 +0100, Technoferret
| wrote:
|
| I tend to agree with you here, I've been if'ing and but'ing about joining
| the CC (mainly because they have sites at some racecourses, particularly
| Thirsk) and over the past few months various peoples comments had got me
| around to the thought that it had an undeserved reputation, I now am back
| to square one.
|
| Give it a try you'll not regret it. Lot's of friendly people and some
| superb sites.

Yes lot's of good sites ("Ops" superb sites),
And lot's of *la-de-da* people in them (the caravan club that is old boy)
and if you have got a new car and a new caravan and if your one of the old
boys you will be ok in the caravan club al-de-da old boy,

Who do you work for now Bill?,
It would not be the caravan club would it?,
Its starting to look that way Bill,

Only joking.
John
slnc
www.slnc.btinternet.co.uk
A Member of:-
C & C.C and C.C
K.I.O.T.R.C
It was my Spel Checker that check it not me?,

Old July 5th 03, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 10:00:15 +0000 (UTC), "slnc"
wrote:

Yes lot's of good sites ("Ops" superb sites),
And lot's of *la-de-da* people in them (the caravan club that is old boy)
and if you have got a new car and a new caravan and if your one of the old
boys you will be ok in the caravan club al-de-da old boy,

Who do you work for now Bill?,
It would not be the caravan club would it?,
Its starting to look that way Bill,

I am a 56 year old retired teacher, pensioned off some 10 years ago as
unfit to work and I have been unable to do any sort of work during
that time. I have no asociation with any business or organisation, nor
do I have any wish to be a member of any committee trying to organise
any sort of activity. Is that plain enough for you? When I first
started caravanning 13 years ago I did so with a Skoda 120L 5 as my
tow car ( the one all the jokes were pointed at ) and a 1981 De Reu
(funny looking Belgian van, door on the wrong side), an outfit I used
for three years. I was made welcome by the club with that outfit, and
met lots of people none of whom cared a jot about my outfit, and I
have been made welcome ever since. I drive a 9 year old Volvo at the
moment though I do now have a new van, the one I traded was a 1994 van
that I had had for 6 years. The only reason I changed the old van was
the damp that was in it,
The only time I come across anyone to do with caravanning who is
anything other than friendly, or who has anything but a common sense
attitude to other caravanners is here when people like you accuse
people who they have never met and who use facilities that their
reverse snobbery will not allow them to use. These people look at
other people and call them la de da people or some such thing, I take
every person at face value, I couldn't care less how old they are, how
much they earn, what sort of vehicle they drive or what sort of
caravan they own. If they are polite, pleasant, keep their children,
if any, and their animals,if any, under reasoanable control then I and
every other CC member I have ever met is delighted to park next to
them.
(remove the spam to reply)
Old July 5th 03, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave

Oh Dear Oh Dear Isn't that just the attitude of not only a Caravan Club
member and to make matters worse a Volvo driver as well.Come on Bill get a
life SLNC was only joking you really should not take thins so personall.
regards to all Dave B.

Old July 6th 03, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
slnc

Hi Bill,
"Ops" I have just put my big foot in it this time I think?,
* I was only Joking Bill*,
I am very sorry if I have upset you and yours bill,
By the way I am off next week to the old boys club (CC) at Southport site
with my old car and my old Caravan to see all the old al-de-da errs and have
some good fun in the sun,( I hope )
Bill I am 60 and just a we boy at hart and I am disable because of a stork
and have a bad hart, Now getting on for about 14 years ago,

So one again Bill I am very sorry if I have upset you and yours?.
Very Sorry about that Bill.
Yours

Old July 6th 03, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 11:31:44 +0000 (UTC), "slnc"
wrote:

So one again Bill I am very sorry if I have upset you and yours?.
Very Sorry about that Bill.

No problems I shouldn't be so touchy.

(remove the spam to reply)