Ireland

Old December 8th 04, 07:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
skubdoo

Default Ireland

Anybody know if a pet passport is needed in Ireland ?

Old December 8th 04, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Parry

In ,
skubdoo fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
Anybody know if a pet passport is needed in Ireland ?

I seem to recall that UK citizens pets are excempt from the scheme for
Eire but I may well be wrong.

Check with

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/index....pets/index.xml

Contacts at

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/index....le=contact.xml

HTH

--
Steve Parry

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

http://www.arrivedeprived.org.uk/

K100RS SE
F650
(not forgetting the SK90PY)

Old December 9th 04, 06:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin Edwards

Ah sure we'll welcome anyone with money to spend on Guinness over here, and
anyway if there's some ejit from customs on duty when tyhe boat arrives,
we'll look after yer wee dog at the terminal until you come back for him.

You have no concept of how "laid back" the authorities are in the Rep of
Ireland. During the foot & mouth outbreak we were going to Donegal from
Belfast (in the north.........part of the UK & all that) and we were taking
our kids, the youngest of which was still on formula milk. There was a ban
on importing all milk products, so we phoned the Ministry of Agriculture in
Dublin, and were told that No one had asked about formula milk before, it
was probably OK, but burry it good and deep in a suitcase and if the border
checkpiont is manned (!) and anyone bothers to ask, deny all knowledge!

Wonderful country.....

Old December 9th 04, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

We took our dog across this summer and nobody said a thing. Holyhead to
Dublin to Galway to Killarney to Cork to Rosslare to Fishguard, no-one was
interested.

HTH

Mke

Old December 9th 04, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
skintoo

Not only does your dog not need a passport, but neither do you if you
are not arriving in a plane (but even with a plane they specify 'photo
ID', which could mean an EU driving license. Even the old non-photo
driving license seems to do the trick, but have also been through
without any trouble with a friend who had absolutely no ID whatsoever.
All the rest of us in the group just a made a big show of telling him
off for not bringing ID, and the customs man just laughed and wandered
off towards the next vehicle.

Old December 10th 04, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin Edwards

We travel from the uk to the replublic several times as year (45 mins down
the dual carrigeway) and haven't even seen customs personel on either side
of the border for years except for one bloke directing us over a
disinfectant mat during the F&M outbreak.

To all extents the border does not exist except as a marker for where the
cheap petrol starts!

oups.com...