Old December 15th 05, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Heyup

Default Garmin Sat Nav with CC sites & CLs

Try going to this site and search for POI's (point of interest)

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/

I have got a Tomtom one and have inputted all the CC,CCC, CC.cls and CCC.cls
sites
You can also download speed camera sites
I believe that Garmin are covers as well as Tomtom. Tomtom ones are on offer
at a very good price at Argos at the moment and Halfords also have offers
available.

Cheers

Richard" wrote in message

"davek" wrote in message

In addition, I understand you can purchase a CC sites and CL Network CD
Rom
for installation on 'pre-owned' Garmin Sat Navs.

They are free at http://www.jollyinteresting.co.uk/gps/gps.html

Also pushpins for loads of French sites.
Friend bought that latest Garmin 2720 in Florida and returned it to the
store. Had been told that European mapping would cost $140 but it's
closer to $300.
Also, it's only alive when powered from the car socket or a mains
adapter. That's a lot of use when you want to locate the car in a theme
park, or go on a bike ride.
DaveK.

Yep ..... charging in car only is very naff idea and limits use(s) a fair
bit. Also, the screen on the less expensive Garmin range is small and I
understand the battery, once charged, only lasts a couple of hours (don't
know about the more expensive models).

Richard