Old February 9th 06, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Fiat Multipla

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:25:39 -0000, "Andrew" wrote:

|I am just in the process of buying a new Fiat Multipla 1.9 JTD to use as my
|tow car. Has anyone had experience of these?
|
|We wanted the air con so have gone for the top model which also has a
|reverse parking sensor, which my wife likes. I have asked the garage to fit
|a tow bar but they say it will interfere with the parking sensor so we have
|had to pay more for a tow bar with detachable ball.

This was not necessarily a good idea. My Skoda Fabia has parking sensors
and a conventional tow bar. The parking sensors miss the towball but only
by a bit. I have to kick the towball cover towards the car when they
occasionally beep incorrectly. Also wash the sensors carefully muck
increases the width of the sensor beam.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Please quote, with quote
character, previous post sniped to only the bit you are replying to.