3KVA generator prices

Old July 5th 03, 06:18 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
James Salisbury

Default 3KVA generator prices

Hi,

How much does a modern lightweight 3kVA generator cost and any
suggestions of suppliers?

Thanks

Old July 5th 03, 07:47 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
tony sayer

In article , James Salisbury
writes
Hi,

How much does a modern lightweight 3kVA generator cost and any
suggestions of suppliers?

Thanks

Ask this bunch they have 3 KVA and up to about a megawatt if you
want:-))..

Their website is slow to update though..

http://www.betagenerators.com/index.html
--
Tony Sayer

Old July 6th 03, 12:45 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
Andy Dingley

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 05:50:15 +0100, "bowtiejim"
wrote:

Probably too noisy for caravanning

3kVA ? Just how big is this caravan anyway ?

Old July 6th 03, 02:35 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
James Salisbury

"Owain" wrote in message
"Andy Dingley" wrote
|"bowtiejim" wrote:
| Probably too noisy for caravanning
| 3kVA ? Just how big is this caravan anyway ?

It's not a caravan, it's a rather large amplified speaker on wheels :-)

Owain

Er, no.

I have been asked to find prices for a replacment generator for a moblie
first aid unit. One of the criteria is that it has to be able to supply a
standard 2kW kettle

Old July 6th 03, 03:12 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 12:38:41 +0100, Steve Firth wrote:

Probably too noisy for caravanning

Who mentioned caravanning?

Look at the Newsgroups: line. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old July 6th 03, 09:12 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Dawson

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
James Salisbury wrote:

I have been asked to find prices for a replacment generator for a moblie
first aid unit. One of the criteria is that it has to be able to supply

standard 2kW kettle

YOu have to find out if there are any restrictions on noise. The 2.6kVA
Generac unit will do everythign that you want but it hits around 80dBA.
Which is painfully loud if you stand near it. A Honda unit suppying 3KVA
will be much quieter but will cost closer to 3,000 than 199

Eh, You can buy a Hilti 3KVA which will run kettle for 299 + vat from the
Centre at Portsmouth.

Steve

Old July 28th 03, 03:58 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
Terry

Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 14:24:47 +0100, Owain wrote:

| 3kVA? Just how big is this caravan anyway ?

It's not a caravan, it's a rather large amplified speaker on wheels
:-)

3kVA doesn't give you much power for a decent speaker system. You
really need at least 5kW *per side*, 10kW/side would better. But that
is tiny for an outdoor rig, the great outdoors don't half soak up
sound...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

And sound don't alf carry 'out in the open'. It's summer time and
windows are open at night.
Couldn't figure why the normally quiet neighbours, behind us, had
their radio/TV so loud!
Wasn't them; t'was a public dance at the town owned/operated
recreation centre tennis courts several kilometres away, in the
opposite direction, on the other side of the town! Sound was
bouncing off neighbours house into bedroom window! Sounds like
they were having fun, all age groups.
With tongue in cheek, must ask the mayor if there is a 'Noise
by-law?' ("Some god awful racket t'other night Bob"). (-: (Yes I
know smiley is other way round; for a change!)
Terry.
PS. Wasn't even the normally noisy neighbours across the street!
Five youngsters, motor bikes in summer, ATVs (All terrain
vehicles) or skidoos in winter. On the road yet!
Old July 28th 03, 04:49 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Terry writes:
Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 14:24:47 +0100, Owain wrote:

| 3kVA? Just how big is this caravan anyway ?

It's not a caravan, it's a rather large amplified speaker on wheels
:-)

3kVA doesn't give you much power for a decent speaker system. You
really need at least 5kW *per side*, 10kW/side would better. But that
is tiny for an outdoor rig, the great outdoors don't half soak up
sound...

And sound don't alf carry 'out in the open'. It's summer time and
windows are open at night.

Takes me back to my acoustics course at University -- the unit of
sound absorbtion is indeed measured in "square metres of open window",
not that you'd appreciate that if you are outside said open window;-)
The absolute unit isn't much use in practice, you usually end up
using the unitless ratio.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old July 28th 03, 05:47 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.caravanning
SpamTrapSeeSig

In article , Andrew Gabriel
writes
Takes me back to my acoustics course at University -- the unit of
sound absorbtion is indeed measured in "square metres of open window",

"Open Window Units"

Regards,

Simonm.

--
simonm|at|muircom|dot|demon|.|c|oh|dot|u|kay
SIMON MUIR, UK INDEPENDENCE PARTY, BRISTOL www.ukip.org