Where to buy/hire gas bottles?

Old August 1st 03, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

Default Where to buy/hire gas bottles?

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:39:02 +0100, "Pat Joyce"
wrote:

Newbies - Looking to buy/hire 11kg gas bottle. We've got a nearly empty
4.5kg bottle in the van and an empty 15kg bottle gifted to us by a friend
(too big for the gas locker). Are our old bottles of any value - trade in?
How much will we be looking to get 11kg bottle (the size recommended for our
van) ? Will probably opt for propane as we hope to get some winter use out
of it (think I've got that bit right?)

It depends upon what sort of bottles you have, if they are calor
bottles then find a calor dealer and swop them for what you require.
Many people carry one of the 15 kg size and a 4.5 size just to use
whilst they replace the bigger bottle. If you want to carry the larger
bottle in the gas locker just check whether the one you have will fit
in there, if it will there is not a great deal of difference in weight
between an 11kg bottle and a 15kg bottle. If it will not fit in there
then you will have to investigate other sellers of gas for an 11kg
bottle. However since you are opting for propane the bottle sizes are
13 kg and 3.8 kg (I think ), these bottles are exactly the same size
as the bottles you have. I have an 11 kg bottle and it is the same
diameter as my 13kg Propane bottle but is of a slightly smaller
height.
Calor are generally the supplier of choice for caravanners simply
because they have a network of suppliers that in nationwide, you would
be very unlucky not to be able to replace a bottlewherever you are,
but calor suppliers do not generally accept anyone elses bottles when
you exchange.
(remove the spam to reply)