Vauxhall Zafira TD - Tow Car ?

Old August 1st 03, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
SubaruSam

Default Vauxhall Zafira TD - Tow Car ?

Need to purchase an MPV - looking at the TD Zafira.

Welcome any experiences - good and bad - when using it to tow.

Alan Clark
Dorset

Old August 1st 03, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Godfrey

The diesel has a very low max tow weight 1,050 kilos if I recall
correctly, where as the 2.2went up to 1,200.

Old August 2nd 03, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

"SubaruSam" wrote in message
Need to purchase an MPV - looking at the TD Zafira.

Welcome any experiences - good and bad - when using it to tow.

Alan Clark
Dorset

Alan Clark. Your new NG handle will be ZafiraZeb, it doesn't have the same

ring as SubaruSam.
Mike

Old August 2nd 03, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
SubaruSam

No way - still keeping my Impreza Turbo -the wife's car is the Subaru
Forester Turbo - its this one that is the towcar and is having to go !!!

Old August 3rd 03, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Bilton

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 23:22:59 +0100, "Philip Sherlock"
wrote:

I have heard that it costs an arm and a leg to have a towball fitted because
it needs a different back axle for towing. It maybe just the early models,
but check.
Phil

Phil,

That's new to me, we had a towbar fitted to our 2000 2.0Di, in January
this year. The only thing Vauxhall would fit with a towbar was a set
of towing springs, but it seems that they have stopped fitting these
now.

Ours tows reasonalby well, our van is 1000kg loaded, so within the
1050kg limit. not so quick but our is the 80bhp engine rather than the
new 90/95bhp?

hth

SteveB