How, exactly does one get an item onto ebay' (posted away fromthe flames on a.m.o.ebay)

Old March 7th 05, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Secret Squirrel

Default How, exactly does one get an item onto ebay' (posted away fromthe flames on a.m.o.ebay)

Alan Holmes wrote:
And please make it simple and do not refer me to a web site!

Things like:-

What are the fees for putting an item on ebay?

If the item does not get sold do you still have to pay a fee?

If you put a figure on that it has to be above, is that figure published
or is it kept aside?

Recognised your sig line, decided to reply here as I know the amoe group
and they do not take such questions with good humour. Kind of
understandable though, as you're not the only one to ask daily.

Register with eBay as a seller. Either elect to pay your sellers fees
by direct debit, or manually. I recommend manually, as eBay billing
seem to struggle with the direct debit process sometimes.

The fees are percentage based relative to (a) the starting price you set
and (b) the final value the item reaches. The percentage rate reduces
the higher the bidding reaches The ebay "help" link at the top of their
page should take you to a FAQ page that will answer your fee-related
questions and give you a table of fees.

If the item is not sold, you pay the listing fee, plus any additional
options you elected, such as the fee for using the reserve fee, the
"gallery picture" fee etc. You will not be charged a final fee if the
item is not sold, as a percentage of 0.00 = 0.00

You can, however, choose to re-list the item if not sold, and your
listing fees will be refunded for the repeat listing if the item sells
succesfully.

If you place a reserve price on your auction, the figure is not
published. High bidders are informed if they have not reached the
reserve price when they place a bid, they are not told the actual value
of the reserve. Some sellers however, elect to advertise the reserve
price in their auction. Some buyers may contact you and ask what the
reserve is - it's up to you whether you disclose that information or not.

HTH

Old March 7th 05, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Secret Squirrel

Forgot to mention who this post was for....
Old March 7th 05, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Secret Squirrel

Forgot to mention who this post was for....
Old March 7th 05, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Secret Squirrel said the following on 07/03/2005 14:42:
Alan Holmes wrote:

And please make it simple and do not refer me to a web site!

? Ebay is web site based

Roy

Old March 7th 05, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bryan Bellis

Alan Holmes wrote:

And please make it simple and do not refer me to a web site!

Alan - If, as you say, you have some difficulty in accessing either
"the web" or a machine with WWW on it, and your apparent reluctance to
look at the help pages on Ebay, are you really sure it's the right
medium for you? Given your views thus far expressed, you're bound to
either muck it up for yourself, or someone trying to buy from you.
Either way, it could get expensive for yourself and frustrating for
the prospective purchaser.

I saw your NG messages on the ebay NG, and as you say, a lot of
flames, and some useful replies also, which listed the various ebay
web pages where you can get help. But, if you need this level of help,
please, best to stay away from ebay.

--
Bryan Bellis.
Don't hit REPLY to email me, my spam trap will

To email me, go to this web page link:
http://www.pcdr.co.uk/spam/antispam.html

Old March 8th 05, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Holmes

"Secret Squirrel" wrote in message

Thanks for all that, it is most helpful.