Mobile home in Spain?

Old March 8th 05, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jtc

Default Mobile home in Spain?

Would like to purchase a sited mobile home in coastal Spain, any suggestions
for good residential sites? close to sea and easy to reach from airports.

Would also consider Southern France if easily reached from Nice.

Any advice appreciated.

Jim.

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

Old March 8th 05, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"jtc" wrote in message
Would like to purchase a sited mobile home in coastal Spain, any
suggestions for good residential sites? close to sea and easy to reach
from airports.

Was in Costa del Sol last autumn. Looked at Cabopino camping near Marbella,
where friends stayed with their touring caravan for six months. Backs on to
the golf course and there is a static for sale near the fence, - at 69,000.
Wow, we can buy ten year old statics for two to three thousand pounds in
Cheshire.
As the Duke of Cornwall said,"Whatever you mean by good." (or was it
lurve?).
As in UK you are at the tender mercies of the landowners if you have a
static caravan on their site.
Personally I wouldn't bother unless it was a caravan you could afford to
lose and it was only a secondary home.
Our friends searched the area and the internet for ages before deciding on
Cabopino to site their tourer whilst their apartment was being completed. We
weren't impressed-particularly with the numbers of young englishmen
'jobseekers' spending their jobseeking time around the cafe/bar. It is close
to the beach though.
DaveK

Old March 9th 05, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jtc

snip
DaveK wrote:
[...]

Blimey Charlie! 69,000, must have an indoor pool ;-)

Had a browse on the net and found a few within the 8 to 20k range and there
are also a couple of companies who will site new and used vans at a
reasonable cost but I believe it is difficult to get a pitch on the better
sites. At the moment France looks a better prospect.

Difficult thing is finding the "better sites" so any recommendations for
good sites with residential vans in situ would be appreciated, I can then
contact the site and enquire about available pitches.

Thanks for the info Dave.

Kind regards,
Jim.