Satellite Finder Kit half price at Maplins

Old March 9th 05, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
andy

Default Satellite Finder Kit half price at Maplins

Ever fancied satellite tv in your 'van?

Satellite Finder Kit half price at Maplins:

http://tinyurl.com/6tkxk

It's good value.
--
Andy
Old March 10th 05, 06:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 22:40:20 +0000, andy wrote:

| Ever fancied satellite tv in your 'van?
|
| Satellite Finder Kit half price at Maplins:
|
| http://tinyurl.com/6tkxk
|
| It's good value.

Got one works fine

The *10* AA batteries is a pain. I had to ?borrow? all the rechargables
in the house to make it work.

--
Dave F
Old March 10th 05, 06:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old March 10th 05, 06:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"andy" wrote in message
news
Ever fancied satellite tv in your 'van?

Satellite Finder Kit half price at Maplins:

http://tinyurl.com/6tkxk

It's good value.

Not sure about good value, have you used one?

This statement bothers me
'This meter works with Sky Digital.'
Do they mean 'only' or 'includes'

Please reply to News Group.

Old March 10th 05, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Secret Squirrel

David wrote:
"andy" wrote in message
news
Ever fancied satellite tv in your 'van?

Satellite Finder Kit half price at Maplins:

http://tinyurl.com/6tkxk

It's good value.

Not sure about good value, have you used one?

This statement bothers me
'This meter works with Sky Digital.'
Do they mean 'only' or 'includes'

I'd guess "includes" because it sounds like a FAQ answer added in
because they're sick of that question. Best to ring them anyway

Old March 10th 05, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
CampinGazz

"David" wrote in message

"andy" wrote in message
news
Ever fancied satellite tv in your 'van?

Satellite Finder Kit half price at Maplins:

http://tinyurl.com/6tkxk

It's good value.

Not sure about good value, have you used one?

This statement bothers me
'This meter works with Sky Digital.'
Do they mean 'only' or 'includes'

I've had one for 10 years now, used it to set up the home satelite dishes
before digital was available, nowadays the sky installer does it for you.

But they work with any sattelite signal.. it is a meter that shows you the
signal being recieved by the dish.. can be from any satelite.. hence why
there's a compass included, you point the dish using the compass first, then
use the meter to home into the signal.

Of course sky digital has a signal meter available on the set up screen,
that can be used to point the dish.. but if you can't see the TV when
aligning the dish then a meter is handy.

Old March 10th 05, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Willdigg

I made the mistake of buying a finder when I got my satellite set up . Using
the kit at every stop on our travels through France and Spain I have never
yet found it to be any help. I just use David Sullivans method i.e a compass
and the Sky setup screen.
Dont waste your money
Dave