overnight on docks at le havre

Old March 11th 05, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Monde

Default overnight on docks at le havre

Does anyone know whether it is possible to stop in the docks with a caravan
at Le Havre after arriving on the evening ferry?

Please reply to group

Thanks
--
Monde

Old March 11th 05, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

We are doing just that, in July this year. The only thing is the area gets
full pretty quick with the lorries etc.

Keith

Old March 11th 05, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

Old March 13th 05, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Monde

"Keith" wrote in message
We are doing just that, in July this year. The only thing is the area gets
full pretty quick with the lorries etc.

Keith

Sounds like the cars and lorries are not separated as they are at Cherbourg.
Also as our ferry does not dock until 10pm, the area might be full. Do you
think this likely?

Monde

Old March 13th 05, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Robbie

"Monde" wrote in message

"Keith" wrote in message
We are doing just that, in July this year. The only thing is the area
gets
full pretty quick with the lorries etc.

Keith

Sounds like the cars and lorries are not separated as they are at
Cherbourg.
Also as our ferry does not dock until 10pm, the area might be full. Do you
think this likely?

Monde

There is a car park to the right of the port entrance where you can stay
overnight. There are no lorries there at all. This car park is just in
front of the ferry terminal buildings where there is more parking. The
buildings have toilets and showers, and are open until around midnight and
from about 6.00am. It's also within walking distance of Le Havre town
centre.

I stayed there last October, as I was getting the early morning ferry. I'm
not sure what it will be like in the high season, but there was plenty of
room for a few more caravans.

Old March 13th 05, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

Hi Monde Parking should be no problem, like Robbie says there is another car
park. What this is like at high season my quess is as good as yours. Just
make sure your not the last unit to come off the ferry.

Best Wishes

Keith

snip