LCD Television HELP

Old March 12th 05, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

Default LCD Television HELP

Thinking of buying one of these for 350 on the internet as against
450 at my dealer. Thomson 15LCDM03 15" Standard LCD Television
Before |i commit any one out there had any experience of 15" Lcd and
how long does it run on a 85 amp battery?
Regards

Peter

Old March 12th 05, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Peter" wrote in message
Thinking of buying one of these for 350 on the internet as against
450 at my dealer. Thomson 15LCDM03 15" Standard LCD Television
Before |i commit any one out there had any experience of 15" Lcd and
how long does it run on a 85 amp battery?

The only thing I know about LCD TVs in caravans is what I was told, you
can't watch them in bed.

The angle of view is limited and the way they stand it is adjustable for the
angle but not downwards slopping.

Please reply to News Group.

Old March 12th 05, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Willdigg

Does your telly have to operate on 12v as you can get much cheaper 240v
sets.
I have just paid 300 for a LG 15" from John Lewis with a 5yr guarantee
and by the way the angle problem refered to depends on the set, it seems the
cheapest models have the least angle.
Dave

Old March 13th 05, 07:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

I have found LCD tvs to drain the battery quick as mine uses about 40w
and does not last long.
I used it on a 120amp/hr battery
Also problem with when the TV is placed at the oposite end of the van to the
battery due to the voltage drop of the cable run sometimes the tv will not
even work.
And yes the battery is new.

I have tried 3 x lcd tvs on 12v and now gave up as a bad idea.

Old March 13th 05, 08:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 08:53:40 GMT, "Ticker"
wrote:

| I have found LCD tvs to drain the battery quick as mine uses about 40w
| and does not last long.
| I used it on a 120amp/hr battery

Most 12V TVs take about 40-50 watts so yours is not too bad.

| Also problem with when the TV is placed at the oposite end of the van to the
| battery due to the voltage drop of the cable run sometimes the tv will not
| even work.

I had the same problem, there was about a 1 V drop in the leads which
caused the TV to malfunction at too high a *battery* voltage. I ran a
special *short* *thick* wire (2sq mm at least) from the 12V control box to
the TV, which improved matters no end.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Old March 13th 05, 08:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old March 13th 05, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
balzebub

wrote:

| I have found LCD tvs to drain the battery quick as mine uses about 40w
| and does not last long.
| I used it on a 120amp/hr battery

Most 12V TVs take about 40-50 watts so yours is not too bad.

| Also problem with when the TV is placed at the oposite end of the van to the
| battery due to the voltage drop of the cable run sometimes the tv will not
| even work.

I had the same problem, there was about a 1 V drop in the leads which
caused the TV to malfunction at too high a *battery* voltage. I ran a
special *short* *thick* wire (2sq mm at least) from the 12V control box to
the TV, which improved matters no end.

I purchased a Relisys 17" from Novatech last year and I am delighted
with it. It angles down and we can watch it in bed with no trouble at
all. At the moment on their web site they are 316.
Previous to this I had the Panasonic 10", a good telly but a bit small
if you were any distance away.
Novatechs web site is www.novatech.co.uk