West-Star Caravans; Anybody know about them?

Old March 12th 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Doc

Default West-Star Caravans; Anybody know about them?

Had a 'phone call today apropos Hobbys, and the lady mentioned that she
was going to have a look at a West-Star caravan, and other caravans, at
West Trading in Cambridge.

This reminded me of a West-Star caravan (probably the 510) I saw
pitched at my local CC site where I store my van. I'd never seen one
(or heard of one) before, but it looked positively beautiful; obviously
German made, but I couldn't have a 'knose' inside as the owners were
out.

Seemingly, they are built by Dethleffs to UK spec. and sold as this
'own brand' West-Star
(http://www.westcaravans.co.uk/carava...st_caravan.htm)
for West Trading Ltd.

Only problem appears to be there's only the one model that's 7' 6"
wide; the others are 8' wide and so need a commercial vehicle of over
3.5 tonnes GVW to tow them in the UK.

Don't know if they can do bespoke fitting of the 'vans, but I shouldn't
think they sell a lot, so it could be a possibility.

Anybody been in one?

Cheers, Doc.