Blue loo fluid

Old March 13th 05, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ken Fraser

Default Blue loo fluid

I'm in the dog-house as I left a cupboard open and the container with the
blue additive to the bottom tank then leaked onto the floor.......
Does anyone know if anything will get rid of the blue stain on the floor and
edge of the carpet?
Or should I move into the awning with the dogs?
Ken

Old March 13th 05, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Keith

Go in the awning with the dogs, I ended up there when I spilt red wine on
the carpet, infact it was our first outing with a brand new van. I have
finally got the stain 100% out with 1001 after 3 attempts though.

Keith

Old March 13th 05, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Ken Fraser" wrote in message
I'm in the dog-house as I left a cupboard open and the container with the
blue additive to the bottom tank then leaked onto the floor.......
Does anyone know if anything will get rid of the blue stain on the floor
and edge of the carpet?
Or should I move into the awning with the dogs?

You'll need a good insulating floor cover.

Mary

Ken

Old March 13th 05, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Keith" wrote in message
Go in the awning with the dogs, I ended up there when I spilt red wine on
the carpet, infact it was our first outing with a brand new van. I have
finally got the stain 100% out with 1001 after 3 attempts though.

Our first caravan - which we still have - is a 1970s 12' Ci Sprint. There
had at one time been a lav in what's now a far more useful low level locker.
The carpet - and wall - were stained with blue fluid.

It's not there now. That's because we got rid of the whole carpet ( I can't
do with a carpet in a caravan) and removed all the walls and replaced them
as part of a rebuild.

But it does seem that the blue stain had been there for up to thirty years
:-)

Mary

Keith

Old March 13th 05, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew

"Ken Fraser" wrote in message
I'm in the dog-house as I left a cupboard open and the container with the
blue additive to the bottom tank then leaked onto the floor.......
Does anyone know if anything will get rid of the blue stain on the floor
and edge of the carpet?
Or should I move into the awning with the dogs?
Ken

Try oxi clean, it seems it shift most stains.

Andrew.

Old March 13th 05, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Ken Fraser" wrote in message
I'm in the dog-house as I left a cupboard open and the container with the
blue additive to the bottom tank then leaked onto the floor.......
Does anyone know if anything will get rid of the blue stain on the floor
and edge of the carpet?
Or should I move into the awning with the dogs?
Ken

Woof!
I think it's formaldehyde stained with a good dollop of permanent dye,
something like the stuff plumbers use to test for leaks in drainage systems.
DaveK.