In line fuse rating

Old August 2nd 03, 07:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

Default In line fuse rating

bill lord wrote in message
news
I keep blowing the in line fuse for the power to the S socket, at the
moment it has a 15 amp fuse there,does anyone know if this is
sufficient. It only blows if I have the fridge turned on.

I can't remember what mine is, but if 15 amp is specified, try an anti-surge
fuse. This should soak up the initial kick of the fridge, but still provide
correct protection.

Bill

Old August 8th 03, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:15:36 +0100, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

An anti-surge fuse should not be necessary, the fridge element is
resistive hence no switch on surge. I think my fuse is 20amp, which
covers both the charging circuit for the van battery and the running of
the fridge. It has been in use for the past 10 years and never blown.

Might you have a fault somewhere, such as the live wire touching
chassis? See if it blows with the 12v supply turned off at the actual
fridge, as a first step. If it still blows you have a fault.

It blows when I turn the fridge on but works if it is off. I shall try
a higher value fuse and see what happens, The limit I have is the 25
amp fuse protecting the car circuit that the power lead is taken from,
I asked about this lead last year and Tony Maris said that on this
Volvo that it is a good supply point.

(remove the spam to reply)